1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Gaining Tips Please!!!

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Roska, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Roska

Roska New IL'ite

Hello Beautiful ladies,

I need suggestions on how to gain weight... :D

Let me explain..
    I am 25 year old and working for an IT firm. Right now Im just 45 kgs. For my height (5 feet 3 inches) my weight is very less.. and I look very lean. The worst part is my upper body is much more thinner than my lower body. I tried many ways like changing the food pattern, lifestyle etc etc. But it didn work for me :(

BTW I am a pure vegetarian.

Could anyone suggest any diet plans? or any other tips and tricks to gain balanced weight?

Regards,
    Roska

2. Roska

Roska New IL'ite

Hi KulwinderRishi!!!

Thanks for the response!! Will try it out :)

Regards,
    Roska

3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Include natural fats in your diet
    - nuts, especially Walnuts
    - whole milk
    - pure ghee
    - avocados

4. Roska

Roska New IL'ite

Thanks for the tips :) Will try it out..

5. Alildream

Alildream Gold IL'ite

You need to eat small frequent meals. Eat at least one banana. Try peanut butter sandwich it is high in calories. Try this drink: blend one glass of milk add a tblspn of milk powder, a scoop of ice cream and if you like some fruit. Drink this mixture once a day to increase your cal intake by 500 cal. The easiest way to put on weight is by calculating your calorie intake. Suppose you consume 1200 cal per day, increase intake by 500 cal and then after a few days increase further. If you increase your daily cal intake by 1000 cal you will put on 1 kg per week!
    remember to drink lots of water and exercise too...you want to gain healthy weight! More importantly after a couple of months take a break and start diet again. This us because our bodies get used to extra cal and after an initial period of increase, weight does not increase.

6. Roska

Roska New IL'ite

Hi Alildream!!

Thanks for the tips.. Will try it out :)

7. Kirthikakk

Kirthikakk New IL'ite

You can take Protein drink to get strong muscle and improve your stamina, so that you can do your day to day activity happily.:)

8. Kirthikakk

Kirthikakk New IL'ite

Nutrilite protein is really good, but its bit costly.Its worth for money.. Soy protein.. Good luck for gaining weight and keep fit yourself

9. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Have banana milkshake.Make it with the biggest banana you can lay your hands on ,with whole fat milk.Amul Moti is a good option.Dates and kaju are another high calorie nuts,include them in your diet.Try making ghee besan laddoos.Always liberally apply ghee on chapatis and also as topping for rice.
    If the above doesnt work ,i will gladly like to give you my 10 kgs :wave:,as i am desperately trying to lose some weight.lol