1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Eating Foods High in Prana in our Modern Society

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by ChennaiExpress, Aug 23, 2014.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I read that eating food that are high in Prana help with meditation practice.

But how to eat foods that are high in Prana in our modern society.

Here is what I typically eat

Breakfast: Pieces of raw fruit in the morning while standing and making egg (sunny-side up), mashing up avocado and toasting whole wheat bread. Then I sit down to eat the egg, avocado on toast, and drink processed juice.

Mid-morning: Cup of Green Tea

Lunch: Starbucks coffee with Half-and-Half and a bag of hermetically sealed pop-corn (sometimes I get hermetically sealed chips). The ingredients sealed pop-corn and chips has less chemicals and hard-to-pronounce ingredients than the "healthy meals" from Starbucks, Panera Bread, Chipolte, etc. Not only that, if I eat these so-called "healthy" and "real" foods, I feel more tired, and more sluggish. And God-only knows how hygenic the kitchens of these restaurants are, hence I emphasize "hermetically sealed" for sanitary purposes. Now I am disciplining myself into taking raw, mixed nuts with me to office to eat INSTEAD of the processed pop-corn and chips.

Mid-afternoon: Cup of Green Tea. If I get really hungry I buy a bag of Planters Peanuts (300 calories), which is hermetically sealed and has less chemicals and hard-to-pronounce ingredients than other foods

Late-afternoon: Boiled 1% milk, Spoon of Cocao, Spoon of Honey, Pinch of Ground Cinnamon

Early evening: Medium bowl of salad with vegetables I cut up right then and there, with fork of Feta Cheese and sprinkle of Apple Cider vinegar

Late evening: Roasted chicken in a baking tray wrapped with aluminum foil. They say in FOOD WITH PRANA: 12 principles of Ayurvedic food | The Mindful Word to "avoid food prepared using plastic, aluminum". But the aluminum foil doesn't touch chicken, so is this ok?

Before I go to sleep: Caffeine-free peppermint tea. I had this last night and I was able to sleep soundly.

How can a person make their diet higher in Prana under such circumstances?

2. FallenAngel33

FallenAngel33 Silver IL'ite

Foods like egg, chicken, meat & other animal products will not have any prana & they are tama in nature. Non-veg foods contains high amount of dark energy (Opposite of Pranic energy).

Vegetarian food, especially raw veggies have vibrant pranic energy in it (sattva in nature).

Vegetarian vs non vegetarian diet

3. ChennaiExpress

I'm trying to stay towards the raw side of veggies as possible .....

4. nainasharma64

nainasharma64 New IL'ite

thanks for share the post with us.

5. ChennaiExpress

Thank you

Now I really avoid eating out, even if the restaurant claims to serve "healthy" food.

Once in a while if I am really craving something I'll get something (a hermetically sealed sandwich) opened and heated up thoroughly.

And I am also biased about the serving crew. Once, I wanted to go to Chipolte to get chips and guacamole, but I saw the lady serving the food and she had a million tattoos and something made me turn back.

Cleanliness and neatness of the person preparing and serving the food also makes a big impact.