1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Why you must have a healthy breakfast each morning

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by coolblues, Mar 15, 2013.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Editor's Note: Thank you coolblues for sharing these interesting facts about the importance of breakfast. Your contribution has been selected as Best of Forums and featured here. Please go ahead and share it with your loved ones.

---------------

Why you must have a healthy breakfast each morning

“All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.” John Gunther

bfast1.jpg

March 18th is National Breakfast Day!

You all must be aware that the body and the brain has been working for nearly 10-12 ho while you were fast asleep. Similar to the fuel for vehicles, our bodies also need prompts refuelling several times a day. This will not only increase your immunity but will also renergize you to tackle the rest of day. People who skip this important meal of the day for various reasons do not realize how nutrient and energy deprived the body becomes without a healthy breakfast.

Did you know that keeping the body away from food in the morning can make you feel exhausted, tired with less focus and concentraion on a given task. Studies show that people are 75% more productive that people don't have breakfast. You tend to be very hungry by mid morning and will end up grabbing a cake, chocolate "energy" bar or other unhealthy foods. This can be quite disastrous for weight watchers.

Starting the day with a cup of good coffee is not sufficient! Yes, caffeine is a quick energy booster and this does not last for a long time. Infact, only coffee for breakfast can cause acidity in some people. There is nothing better than having a "real", healthy breakfast to keep you away from mood swings, acidity and weight gain.

bfast2.jpg

Make sure your breakfast contains good amount of protien, fiber, carbohydrates and veggies. Never give in to the idea of a sugary muffin, sugary cereals as breakfast options.Fruits, eggs, wholegrain bread, good fat and fresh vegetables are some essential ingredients to supercharge your physical and mental energy levels for the day.

Do you have a healthy breakfast every day? What do you generally have for breakfast?

You may also wish to read

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/g...and-canada/206060-what-is-your-breakfast.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/g...12452-need-less-time-consuming-breakfast.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-food-and-living/199339-dont-skip-your-breakfast.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/h...27-good-breakfast-adults-suggestions-pls.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    10 people like this.

2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Nice post coolblues..Yes not having breakfast drains the energy out of the body and also the mind...I have experienced this several times when i used to go with an empty stomach for my exams..People who are not having this habit should really start following this consistently for sometime,then they will realise their overall health has improved...Also many people with ulcers dont realise that this is the main culprit..

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Yes its very important to have breakfast, your body needs energy so havea good breakfast and you will feel so energised. So ladies please have breakfast, eat fruits, oats, cereals or a good indian breakfast with less oil.
    love
    alpa:cheers

1 person likes this.
  4. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

My Mom knew best about this. So she made it a habbit not to leave the house without eating. So even today how much ever hush hush I make it a point to have breakfast n leave. I've also tried to inculcate this same habit in my DS (much easier) & DH (soooo difficult)

1 person likes this.
  5. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Thanks for sharing !!...
    I was a heavy breakfast eater.Now changed to cereals due to lack of time.
    However, because of light breakfast i feel hungry around 11 am again and end up eating something. :bonk

6. sumee

sumee Silver IL'ite

Yes "Break the fast" is Breakfast where the body after fasting the whole night needs energy and food to restart for the day. That is why it said you must have a good breakfast with healthy scrumptious food which loads our body with enough energy for us to feel fit and energetic. Never skip breakfast as it is this meal which keeps you going till lunch time. A simple south indian breakfast of idli with chutney and a glass of ragi drink or oats is one healthy option.Pongal with chutney and sambhar,toast lightly buttered and porridge,eggs,fresh juice..the options are plenty.Infact ragi dosa,oats idlis ,samba wheat upma are preferred breakfast dishes down south.

7. krvchitra

krvchitra Bronze IL'ite

excellent morning breakfast helps you think clearly to plan things

8. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

well thanks for the healthy information

9. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow! That's a great eye-opener about breakfast.

My usual breakfast is Oatmeal most of the time, or 2 slices of bread toast with definitely a cup of coffee :)

However, my DD who has to leave to school at 7:35am, wakes up at 6:30am and it takes an hour for her easily to get ready (after all the stretching and whining :) Most of the days she tries to go away with just a cup of milk for she cannot take anything else within an hour of getting up and having milk.

But I try to force atleast an egg, or a fruit. For the next time she gets to have something is at 10am - a snack break for which I mostly tend to pack a fruit.

This discussion iterates the fact that I have to make sure she has something besides a cup of milk.

Note: Love those puris and idlis, but I doubt if people these days (especially those outside India) tend to eat those breakfast these days during the busy mornings.

10. curious28

curious28 Silver IL'ite