1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

My Cup of Coffee

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by coolblues, Feb 4, 2013.

How many cups of coffee do you drink per day?

1. 1-2

53 vote(s)
    64.6%
  2. 3-4

19 vote(s)
    23.2%
  3. 5 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don’t drink coffee

10 vote(s)
    12.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Editor's Note: Thank you coolblues for coming up with this interesting and informational coffee poll. Your contribution has been selected as Best of Forums and featured here. Feel free to share it with everyone you know.

---------------

254.jpg

The debate continues – whether coffee is good for health or not. Coffee has the power to galvanize us into action in the mornings. While few studies blame coffee for many ailments, there are other studies to indicate that coffee may not be so bad at all. High consumption of coffee can put people at risk for heart disease, increase in cholesterol levels, sleeplessness and high blood pressure. On the other hand, newer studies show that coffee can help protecting against type II diabetes, liver health and Parkinson’s disease. Does this mean that coffee is not harmful? Experts opine that drinking coffee in moderation, perhaps 1 to 2 cups a day is not bad.

How many cups of coffee do you drink per day? Take the poll.

Are you a habitual heavy coffee drinker or are there any specific periods that you end up drinking more coffee? Do let us know in your comments.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    3 people like this.

2. nancystalin

nancystalin Silver IL'ite

hi coolblues,
    The moment i saw the post heading in the recent posts section i really mouth watered. That much i love coffeeee. For me coffee is for adults till before pregnancy. Dec 9th 2011 found out im pregnant on home pregnancy kit and the same evening went clinic to confirm pregnancy. My ob-gyn first wrote in my prescription - NO COFFEE no papaya. haaa its the moment i fell in love with coffee :) throughout pregnancy my dh kept an eye on me and almost stopped buying coffee packs he he he. You know if the think about coffee means really i feel the taste in my tongue :)

love
    nancystalin

2 people like this.
  3. moukthika9

moukthika9 Gold IL'ite

Im a coffee lover:cheers.but now a days I limited the intake once in 3 days:rant because I'm on diet:spin:spin:spin

4. funbee

funbee Silver IL'ite

I drink 2 cups of coffee on the weekdays when i am at work. Weekends may be 3 cups. I cannot go without
    coffee any day.

1 person likes this.
  5. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

coffeeeeeeeeeeee.a wonderful drink.my petrol.adicted or habituated?i don't want to describe.in simple without 2-3 cups of coffee my days won't end.

2 people like this.
  6. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Coffeeee, ya tastes and now sounds yummy. Now for past 15 days i am not drinking coffee, because i am having stomach ulcer. Reading this "coffee", mouth watering. Coffee "i miss u a lot".

7. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I take coffee once a day and that too freshly pounded coffee powder has a special aroma,which fills my entire suitcase(I make it a point to bring coffee powder during my trip to India ). I can never say no to filter coffee......

1 person likes this.
  8. keerthivasan

keerthivasan Senior IL'ite

Nothing like fresh filter coffee. I travel 10 Kms to get best blend of coffee powder freshly ground in front of me and bring it home. I make fresh decotion every time I have a coffee. It's such a refreshing mood elevator. Used to have 9 to 10 cups when I was in college now reduced to 2. Piping hot coffee makes a good South Indian tiffin complete :)

1 person likes this.
  9. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

any number of cups is welcome but I restrict myself to just two :p

nothing can beat the aroma of a real southindian filter coffee. the ritual of morning breakfast completes only with a hot cup of coffee washing the food pipe to calm down the gastric juices :)

10. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

count me in.
    I love coffee. that too filter coffee, any number of time I can drink, When I was in India minimum 4 or 5 cup of coffee per day. Now restricted to min 2 max 3cups.

fresh hot filter decocation + hot fresh cow milk + 1spoon sugar. what a combination???

whenever I go to India, I buy filter coffee powder in 50g packs. If I buy big packs, the aroma will go off. Coffee powder will be always in number 1 in my buying list.

1 person likes this.