1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Giggle Away To Cut Down Stress

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by coolblues, Nov 7, 2012.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Editor's Note: Thank you coolblues for letting us know how giggling can cut down stress. Your contribution has been selected as Best of Forums and featured here. Let your friends know about the same.

---------------

l2390842348d.jpg

Do you feel angry, depressed or sad when you are laughing? The ancient therapy of laughing helps to recharge and relax making you look at things in a better perspective. No wonder, small children are relaxed, because they have several things to laugh. Laughter in any form, giggling, smiling and guffawing helps to reduce a lot of built stress in the body.

What happens when you laugh? Laughing shuts off the release of stress hormones and produce disease-fighting antibodies, which are beneficial in boosting the body’s immune system and killing cells that cause tumors and viruses. Laughter also decreases blood pressure and gives a good workout for the respiratory cells.

Additionally, laughing also connects you with other people, creates a bond and improves the quality of your interaction with them. You can find so many ways to laugh and spread laughter around you. Funny movies, laughing with family friends, finding humor in you, recalling funny incidents are some ways to reduce stress.

So go ahead, use this free and convenient stress management therapy to its fullest, and push away the stress in your life.

Do you have any other ways to laugh and beat the stress?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

very true coolblues.

-----

Joking sense is a gift aquired not by all. Laughing and making other's laugh is a very important art of living which helps one to relieve stress and bring people together. But remember not to laugh at others on a serious moment! :)

Watching Comedy programmes, small jokes that is shared in a family from kids to the elderly person (also develops bonds by making them spend sometime together) helps one to laugh. There are dedicated websites which publish jokes. Exclusive comedy channels have also come now.

sometimes, children innocently crank a joke which is very much enjoyable.

Kamalji in Snippets section always ends his post with some jokes and I enjoy reading the post as well as the jokes. There are writers in snippets who are good in making a humorous posts.

A laughter club also make others laugh. If we see a bunch of people standing and laughing, it makes us also laugh.

Sometimes, we can stand in front of mirror and laugh at ourselves for a change. I am sure most of us have this kind of a moment in our life wherein we laugh at ourselves for our lol moments.

Go head....bindas.......Happy laughing.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

The after effects of laughing is truly incomparable!

My kid keeps us entertained with all her antics and innocence :)

1 person likes this.
  4. kurunjimalar

kurunjimalar Senior IL'ite

laughing.. much needed in today's world full of stress

5. sumee

sumee Silver IL'ite

Agreed They say laughter is the best medicine in time of stress and when we feel totally depressed it is laughter which helps us come out of that.
    When I feel totally down and stressed I watch cartoon channel or watch comedy clippings.It is a fantastic I forget all my worries. In fact one way to enjoy laughing is to join a humor club . Their not only do we laugh but by laughing we also exercise our facial muscles.
    So laught and keep stress out of your life

1 person likes this.
  6. SamriddhiD

SamriddhiD New IL'ite

Hi Ilites,

Laughing out loud now and then can help you cut stress. Read this interesting post or article by coolblues to know more about it.