1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Need some diet suggestions for a busy husband and a baby boy

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by mathiravi, Aug 14, 2012.

1. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

My husband is a busy bee workeer, who is very busy with meeting his schedules and would be the same for another 2 months.
    Am worried abt his health and trying to give him the best NUTRITIOUS food( not junk) for him. Can any one suggest me some Indian vegetarian food options for lunch and breakfast on the go!!!
    I also have a 18 month old super active baby boy

P.s. V r strict vegetarians ( No eggs/ meat)

Happy living:)
    Mathi

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP,Chapathi and curry for lunch along with curd rice is a good option.Add a few slices of cucumber or carrot, beans whichever you prefer.Add a dash of ghee to chapathi so it doesnt dry out in lunch.I do the same.If doing it
    the night before add a little oil when making chapathi dough .For breakfast get some oatmeal ready to make packets. Your husband himself can add milk to oatmeal after emptying it in a bowl. After that cook it in the microwave for 2 min. His breakfast is done. Its healthy and fast to do. You can eat it too along with your baby.Try some oatmeal which has raisins,dates or any nuts.That adds fiber to the diet along with calcium from milk.Although the packets say you can add water , dont do . Its very bland and barely eatable. Good Luck.

3. puremind

puremind Bronze IL'ite

We are pure vegetarian, don't even eat eggs n meat. I give my dh healthy nutritious diet :
    Breakfast : Sprouts(mung)+ cucumber + chaat masala(v.little) + green chillie + green coriander
    For Lunch : Any veggie+ 4 chapati + lettuce salad/ carrot beet cucumber + cucumber raita/ green corainder chutney + 2 fruits like 1 apple cut in long pieces(must), watermelon/cherries/strawberry/papaya.
    dinner: 4-5 chapati , any veggie/dal, salad
    bed time: warm milk
    u know he is very happy the way i packed his boxes, he always get compliment...u are a nice wife n all.
    but in your case u have a small baby so u can opt some of them, becoz it takes lots of time.

4. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Hi Mathi..
    I will give you what all i prepare . It may give u some idea.

Breakfast - Mixed dal dosa/ragi dosa/ pongal with coconut/peanut/tomato chutney's ,idly with sambar ,Oats with milk and fruits , Brown bread with Jam and any fruits, Ragi malt,

Mid mrng Snack - fistful of peanuts / badam &walnut & dates
    Lunch - Chapathi or rice with dal/ any veg curry and curd
    Evn snack - roasted chana ,tender coconut,buttermlk, 1 bowl of sprouts etc
    Dinner - Roti with any veg or any green leaves fry and
    salad(Cut veg's(cucumber,onion,tomato,cabbage,lettuce,carrot,beetroot,capsicum) into small pieces , mix with few spoons of curd .pepper pwd,salt and lemon juce)

Few suggestions -
    1.Have 1 whole fruit as first meal(early mrng before exercise). Better to avoid fruit after 4pm.
    2.Never eat any thing of same kind every day.
    3. Include variety and its nutritious.
    4.Try to include ragi in your food atleast twice a week.
    Whatever I have given wil not take much time...Let me know if you need any recipe..

5. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear Mathi,

My husband prefers to have a good breakfast because most of the times he is forced to skip lunch in office due to his busy schedule.

So for breakfast it is usually toast n omelette, idli / dosa, vegetables with parantha or stuffed paranthas. He does not like oats or cereals.

For office, I give him fruits which he can take anytime and are enough to curb his hunger pangs.

love,
    kylie

6. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thank you dear ones :)

7. Kungumam

Kungumam Gold IL'ite

I also give fruits for my husband's lunch along with curd rice and some salad.
    you can give steamed apple for ur little one.