1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

An Extravaganza Diet Chart for tots/teens,for Extra excellence in Intellectual Fields

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Yashikushi, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

An Extravaganza Diet Chart for tots/teens….to expel an Extra excellence in Intellectual and Sports Fields.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The reason for screwing this topic is…..
    As my Son(aged 15+ in 11th std),who excels in studies simultaneously active in the Sports field too, an ingenious Badminton Champ and a periodic Football player, practically needs much more nutritional concept, though qualitative,quantitative natural nutritive foods were nourished for his mental stimulus and strenuous metabolic activity.

He goes for weekly three classes of Badminton, an aerobic, energy sapping, fast paced, quick reflexes oriented game.

And In school weekly two classes of Football practice.

His daily food regiments contains well balanced diet with carbohydrate, Low fat, protein, electrolytes, vitamins, minerals and water.
    Including all types of cereals,pulses,rich fiber content diets.
    Focusing mainly on
    Rich Carbs- the main source of Energy for both anaerobic and aerobic energy systems.

High Fluid intakes----to avoid Risks of Hydration.

Low fat diet-to with-stand stamina and
    tolerance to heat

Eat Extra for Excellence
    BUT
    Extra weight for extra fat, low you down.

So sharing with you all…. Sports Nutrition-specially implies to -potential candidates not only the out door sports persons, but also the Indoor bizes, Gym crumbs, The Zimmer walkers, and include all those are active with combat diet chart.

Though nutritionists /dietitians are there to guide, each one can expertise their own body requirements if summated with little knowledge of Sports Nutrition.

Sports Nutrition’ is an Art and a Science.
    The ART consists of nourishing an active body with high quality food and natural health products in a skillful, safe and consistent manner. The SCIENCE of sports nutrition helps all of us to understand the “how” and the “why” .
    Sports Nutrition is for anyone who is ultimately concerned about health and fitness and their ability to perform with excellence in life!

Poor diet is a decisive factor in many conditions, esp in the field of sports. There is a link between good health and good nutrition in a sports person’s life, and their interest in nutrition and its impact on sporting performance is highly evidenced through the recent triumph of our Indian Great sports persons, varied in all sports field.

“Good nutrition is the lifeline for sports persons”. Working with the right food at the right time in the fitness plan can help the sportsperson to maintain their physical and mental health, comfortable training, Fast recovery from injuries, to reach their peak performance.

Chawing in the special supplements and chugging in the sports drinks doesn’t mean that the sports personalities are solidly supplied with nutritional requirements. Unique nutritional need is there to watch out.The Key factor for good sports activity is---well balanced food intake along with suitable physical exercise.

Cntd........................

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2013
    10 people like this.

2. Yashikushi

Re: An Extravaganza Diet Chart for tots/teens,for Extra excellence in Intellectual Fi

Giving away My Son’s Everyday Eating Strategy::::

His eating habits from my kitchen cabinet

Breakfast

Since he is an early bird to school(by 7am) he is fueled with a glass of milk and sick to stuff any thing else.
    Now a days the fact-Empty stomach aggravate the acidity level which will activate head-ache made him to take up
    Corn flakes/chocos with milk.
    OR
    Chappati(either stuffed/with veg as side dish)

During WWEK-END used to give his most fav food..Boiled Green-gram (with lil sugar,coconut scrapes)
    Its my fav too.
    Or the normal tiffin items.

Lunch

For his lunch-box...
    1.Variety rice..often Veg Fried rice,Lemon rice/Pulliyogara,Mushroom rice etc…..
    2.Stuffed Chappati Or Plain Chappati/Poori with Channa
    3.Bread Sandwiches with veg or non-veg(Egg alone) fillings with little addition of paneer or cheese.

At home
    When He returns from school these items will be ready to RUSH him up.
    Its my habit to add Green leafy vegetables to our every day menu card. ..in any form..
    kootu with/without dhal,
    Poriyal (with Shredded coconut)
    Thogaiyal(Mint,Coriander)

Then at least two Veg side-dishes.

Now and then adding of Non veg items to lunch like
    Egg(compulsorily weekly thrice or more)
    Chicken – twice in week
    Fish as and when feel like.

Use to Munch all kinds of Fruits(often pomegranate, apple) esp banana(full of potassium-Instant energy provider)),and Nuts(almond and cashews,raisins-good Fats)
    Fresh Green veggies like carrots and cucumber.

Two glasses of Milk(with boost/bournvita) everyday. Sometimes milk shakes with fresh fruits.
    He hate Curd, but compulsorily stuff him weekly once.
    Yogurt-Just few scoops.

Weekly twice Veg/non veg Soup

Dinner
    Either Chappati or Rice with the lunch menu.
    Sometime with freshly made side dishes.
    Banana

Munches in between
    Payasam,Kheer,Sweet Flattened rice(With grated jaggery, and Shredded coconut)
    Veg Samosa,Cutlets, Peppy Pop-corns,Spicy Sweet corn,Baji,Bonda
    Fruit Salads,Jumbo Pudding,Jelly
    …….Specially from his Mom’s Shop!
    love014.gif

Since he is in adolescence, unmanageable to make an avert in running towards these items.
    Let him only with stipulation.Calories..no calculation as he is keeping Up his weight under control. He himself a diet conscious YOUTH.
    Puffy Pizzas,”Burpy” Burgers,Crunchy Chicken from KFC/Mary Brown/McDonald
    Traditional Sweet and Savouries from Ananda Bavan/Grand sweets..
    Chocolates,Biscuits,Choco-pie,Ice-Cream

…….. Occasionally From T(Sh)oppers shop!

Earlier of Play time
    1....He use to vomit (esp in the morning hours) if the intake of fluid is little high. So some plain Wheat biscuits(Carbohydrates)
    along with few pieces of Chocolates.(Contains Antioxidants..promoting proper cardio-vascular functioning and essential minerals, including magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium and manganese)

And
    2...The preliminary warm ups(stretching) for 15-20 minutes.
    [​IMG]

During play-time
    1....Mouthful of Glucose in between of Playing.

2....Water..just to quench the thirst…advised not to take much as it leads to intoxication.

3....Short breaks.

After the play time
    1...Intake of Adequate amount of water (He sweat a lot)

2...5-10 minutes of resting down.

3..Bath with Chilled water.

These points from his out of BOUT habitat.
    1.Never fall in the habit of TENSION esp during Competition/Exam times.

2.Use to have effectual and requisite SLEEP as and when time is there.

3.Watching new movies, playing on-line games, reading science fiction books shape him more preciously an active youth.

Note:
    Ds is sick of his Mom’s regular food items. Need some extravagance nutritive items esp If you have any Home made Health drinks/Energy Drinks, please share here.
    He will run ahead if he reads the recipe for the Ragi mix health drink)…He is growing with that from childhood.. (Now Its available as Manna instant Health Mix Powder.
    He will quench whatever given on basis of Health plan..so need something special…

Help me Friends to regain my sovereign reign “The Best MOM”.
    [​IMG]

Thanks.

7 people like this.
  3. Yashikushi

Re: An Extravaganza Diet Chart for tots/teens,for Extra excellence in Intellectual Fi

If your Tots/teens are

Expelling their excellence in Academic ambitions......[​IMG]

Extending their active role in Outdoor/indoor games.... viannen_98.gif

Expanding their exerting noesis in Cosmopolitan fields.....[​IMG]

THEN

They Need some specific dietary plans.

Now it’s your turn to Share your warrior wards dietary plans, not compulsory that your nutritive chart should be a sports based one, it can be of normal active routine.
    Flow out their daily menus, along with Systematic Drills.
    Express your experiences of the tantrum tots while following the food habits.

May be today’s sharing of Nutrition Graph help them to emerge out Futurity World Famous intellectuals
    [​IMG] /Sports Personalities.[​IMG]

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Hey Saro, am I interrupting ??

Wish I am back in my childhood playing shuttle badminton (used to be the topper in school) and lithe on my feet to do some jogging !! Oh I miss being that ..........boohoo........but never mind all those diet (balanced) is excellent and am sure all mothers with growing children would find it very useful and share their tips too !!!!

Well done dear and an amazing writing !!

1 person likes this.
  5. Yashikushi

Sudha
    Oh..quick visit and comments.

Same Pinch:cheers
    .Me too a badminton player during schooldays(Champion) and never bothered(actually accounted) about the DIET SYNOPSIS.
    Engulfed in whatever given.

Here had to accept that recipes of our MOM n GRANNY were highly nutritive,devoid of their lil range of knowledge in the diet and nutrition area.
    Thence Whatever they gave are the ORIGINAL n BALANCED,with full of love and affection.Hence we are able to withstand the MALADY now.

Blessed are those nurtured with nutritiousness.
    BUT
    Now all in the GAME of TRADE.Purity of nutrient have wiped out.Conditionally Had to take extra care to give our kids the intellectual nourishment.

Hope to see many Moms and their rambling snips here.

Thanks for the kick start of this tittle my dear buddy.:):):)

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Saroj dear excellent post. You have given excellent tips which even I dont know much. I also love badminton but those days mothers did not know about the special diet to be given to children for taking part in sports. Yash is very lucky to have you as a mother, who is so talented and an all rounder. I feel I am your daughter as I have to learn so much from you.

All the best dear.

7. Yashikushi

Viji Ma
    Happy for expressive impressions.:)

Honestly now Yash is provided with only the 50% of nutritive foods of those what I had in my childhood.

My Dad,who is a conscious Diet follower,there is a unwritten ORDER for Mom from him,what to cook daily,which include green leafy veggies,salad and Papaya/banana
    He make us to sit along with him during Dinning and after the wash out of hands a plate full of Papaya will be given.Daily.
    We had to empty the plates.Or else
    Roar from DAD.
    Unwillingly use to swallow up
    In course of time we are use to that
    1...And at one point I myself became a FRUITOHOLIC!!!!

2..No Skipping of Meals.

3..We are never allow to sup water in between meals.

4..No conversation in between.

5..During sickness along with the prescribed tablets, home made Kasayam is given.

6..Not allowed to sleep beyond 6 am.

And

7...He never let us to sit for a while.All our times are engaged(its thence when we sis learned all the crafts )

There is no other precious PROPERTY WILL from my Parents other than this baronial healthy and nutritive treasures,which is now I'm able to pass on to my DS.Paying my Royal Laurels and Loyals to them.

I'm giving out my atmost care to shape him as GOOD Healthy HUMAN.
    Isn't it more worthy than his achievement accolades ????

Thanks in bunch for your motherly annotates and wishes Ma.
    Need some thing more from you.
    Some health/Energy drinks or soups....Please.

2 people like this.
  8. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Wow Saroji! Thanks for such a wonderful post! You are a wonderful super mommy!!

My lil DDs food routine

Morning Breakfast (around 7.15): She have Homemade Ragi malt!! (She likes it and it will keep her filled)
    Around (8:10)before leaving to school : 4 cashews + raisins / 4 soaked almonds

School snacks:Apple chapathi/Banana Chapathi/Idly upma/Idiappam+lil Sugar/little dosas+spiceless chutney
    (She is learning to eat by her own now only and all the stuffs will be kind of medium size chunks!)

Lunch: Rice+Sambhar/Morkuzhambu/Curd/Dal palak/Curd + 1 Veg

Evening:Orange juice / Seasonal fruits (She is a fruit lover!! good for me) Milkshakes
    (rarely biscuits)

Dinner: Chapathi + Dal & Veg /pulses ; Stuffed parathas
    1 glass of milk with Proteinex junior

I wud like to share her favourite recipe

Pasta in White Sauce

Ingredients : Whole grain Pasta(Penne)
    Milk
    Garlic -2
    Butter
    Oregano
    Cornflour powder

Capsicum
    Mushroom

1.Cook Pasta as per instructions.

2.Add butter and saute garlic pieces .Add 1/4 teaspoon of oregano

3.Add a glass of milk

4.Mix cornflour with little milk/water and add it to the milk mixture to get the sauce consistency.

5.Saute Capsicum and Mushroom separately till it becomes crispy and cooked

6.Finally mix everything!!

3 people like this.
  9. Yashikushi

Niha
    Extremly excited for your Carte of lil one's daily nutrient plan.

Morning itself Nuts and raisins.
    [​IMG]
    Sound too good.Dried fruit and nut mixtures are a great,healthy snack
    Raisins- full of dietry fiber,high source of Iron.potassium
    Nuts-Vitamin E and Iron

Fruitssssssssssssssss
    [​IMG]to them for joining with me in pecking them.
    Fruit-Peckers.
    [​IMG]

Its amusing that there is no fuss over the intake of all nutritive items given by You.Strong Basement OF health.
    [​IMG]to your motherly nourishment and [​IMG] the little ones.

Acknowledging my vote of thanks for the White sauce.

Expressing my gratitude for your Worthful entry.

10. devapriya

devapriya IL Hall of Fame

Saroj,
    Nutrition foods with regular exercises make him a real man i suppose!
    Fruits are equally needed as vegetables.
    Egg with milk is good for growing generation