1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

IL Health Care Center!!!!

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by devapriya, Aug 6, 2011.

1. devapriya

devapriya IL Hall of Fame

Yeah its true Niha....Thanks da...I too know one which am going to try! :)

For Red Lips:

---> One drop of Honey with one Drop of Ghee.
    ---> Apply this mixture daily....before going to bed

PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER USING HONEY.IF YOU TOUCH YOUR HAIR WITH HONEY HANDS, THEN GREY HAIR WILL APPEAR!

2. devapriya

Thank You Niha!!!!

Some more here which i know:

---> Mutton-liver
    ---> Pome granate
    ---> 8 Glasses of water per day as you said!

3. devapriya

Thank You so Much Abi!!!!!!!!

Wonderful tips! I too heard of this once! Forgot to Mention! Thanks da:) :)

4. devapriya

Thank you SP for your supportive Feedback! Sure....come at once when you get to know about something! :)

5. devapriya

Niha....Someone told me that if we apply Vaseline, our lips would get soft but black! Don't know how far true it is! Do you have any idea??

6. abi445

abi445 Silver IL'ite

Hai priya, drinking too much of water more than the body requirement is not good or it may lead to water intoxication.Since u said 8 litres i'm saying.....
    How much Water should I drink a day?

The amount you need varies from person to person depending on size, climate, diet and activity levels.Although no single formula fits everyone, knowing more about your body's need for fluids will help you estimate how much water to drink each day.
    I think about 2 liters of water is needed for humans to stay healthy. Normally, we say at least 8 glasses per day.

1 glass = 240 ml

8 glasses = 240 x 8 = 1920 ml, say 2 liters.
    The body gets its fluid from three sources:

• Drinks, either plain water or as part of other beverages including tea, coffee and squash
    • Solid foods, especially fruit and vegetables (even foods such as bread and cheese provide small amounts of fluid)
    • As a by-product of chemical reactions within the body
    Most healthy adults need between one and a half to three litres a day, so aim to drink six to eight medium glasses of fluid daily. Beverages such as tea, coffee and fruit juices count towards fluid intake, and may bring with them other nutrients or benefits.
    You may require more fluid if you're very physically active or during periods of hot weather.
    You can judge whether you're drinking enough by the colour of your urine. If it's a pale straw colour then your fluid intake is probably fine. If your urine is dark yellow, you probably need to drink more.

A clear message is Do It, but Don’t Overdo It!!
    Correct timing and amount to take water is:

- 2 glass of water 30 min. before meal will help in digestion.

- 1 glass of water after you wake up will help to active the internal organs.

- 1 glass of water before sleep will avoid stroke or heart attack at midnight.

- 1 glass of water after taking a bath helps lower blood pressure.

Even apart from the above approaches, if you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and produce 1.5 liters or more of colorless or slightly yellow urine a day, your fluid intake is probably adequate. If you're concerned about your fluid intake, check with your doctor or a registered dietitian. He or she can help you determine the amount of water that's best for you.
    NEW RESEARCH! Many foods, especially raws fruits and vegetables already have water in them so much of your water will come from your food; therefore, it is not necessary to drink eight 8 oz. glasses of water when you are eating water rich foods.
    The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day. You are less likely to suffer from water intoxication, if you drink it over the entire day's time as opposed to drinking a huge volume at one time. Most adults need about 3 quarts of fluid each day and a lot of that water will come from food. The typical recommendation is 8 - 12 eight ounce glasses of water a day. More water will probably be necessary for your body if you live where the weather is hot or very dry. Also if you are exercising or if you are taking certain medications you may need more water than what is typical. It is certainly possible to drink too much water and suffer from water intoxication although it is a very uncommon condition. And yes, infants can get water intoxification from too much water through the bottle in a short period of time.
    Note:8 oz means 8-ounce glasses of water a day (about 1.9 liters).

7. devapriya

Acho sorry da....i came to say 8 Glasses of water........Typo mistake
    Thank you thanks a lot da..otherwise i would not have noticed that!

8. abi445

abi445 Silver IL'ite

It's ok dear, may be many of ILites follow it na,so that i said............

9. devapriya

2 litres is correct da...:)

I know the amount of drinking....But dont know the schedule yet! Thanks for sharing here Abi!

Doctors advised me to drink maximum of 2 litres and not more than that!

And they also told to drink 1 full glass of water after wake up from bed since it reduces our body heat and activates metabolism!

Should not drink water in between meals!

10. devapriya

Thank you Once Again Abi:)

When you friends sharing your info, i too get remember of all those i heard from doctors and from TV programs!

Thank you all pa:)