1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

what are the juices that can be taken by diabetic

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by vidhukumar, Aug 3, 2007.

1. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    my hubby has sugar...he likes to drink fresh fruit juices.....what are the juices that he can drink?i generally make watermelon,apple,orange...and juice of any other avilable fruit i have at home...

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi vidya,

While drinking fresh fruit juices are good, i would not recommned that he has juices everyday. Do remember that it takes at least 2 to 3 oranges to get 1 glass of juice the same with any other fruit. Better he eats it as is. My hubby is diabetic too , and i allow him juices only on the weekends. Not daily. Do check his sugar levels.

vandhana

3. arch174

arch174 Senior IL'ite

HI,
    I have learnt naturopathy...I advise that all fruit juices convert immediately to sugar so not recomended even for non-diabetic regularly..
    If u still insist ..then juices should be with pulp..no added sugar..& most important..EATEN slowly so that all saliva gets mixed to aid assimilation..
    Obviously fruits with low sugar like watermelon,.berries, are the best
    why not try vegetable juices like cucumber,bottle gourd,tomatoes mixed with herbs like mint.celery sticks,other greens..ginger.yum..:yes:

4. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

hey vandhana&arch,
    thanks for your suggestions....yeah i dont give him fruit juice everyday....only ocassionaly ....i used to give him veg juices also like carrot with greens,celery etc....maybe i will give more of that&less of fruit juicex....i have heard that tomato juice fills the tummy&is good for weight loss....so maybe i will try tomato with other herbs.any other suggestions are welcome.thanks.