1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Parlour in our House-Part II(second part)

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by BhargaviChakravarthy, Jun 12, 2007.

1. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am extremely thankful to all the Ilites who have responded to my thread on “Mini parlour in our house”.I really felt happy when one among them said that she really benefitted from the tips which I gave.That is what really needed.
    I present some more beauty tips to be followed using available home products in our house.Some among them or all may be known already but still I hope it may help a little bit.
    Before proceeding ,I would suggest some ideas which I have observed and experimented

1)Before applying any face pack,take some piece of cotton wool dip it in clean water and wipe on the face(Neither wipe too hardly nor too softly).This helps to remove the outer layer of dirt on the face(especially for women who are going out often) and then proceed with your usual routine.

2)Whatever facepack you are applying(from the following) ,instead of washing the face after the required time,take a clean towel ,dip in a mug of hot water(not too hot) and wipe with it two or three times.This gives better results than usual.

3)Never use soap for atleast two or three hours after applying any product on the face(You may even know this tip).

Let me go with the tips.
    1)SKIN TANNING:
    In this hot summer season many of us are suffer from skin tanning.Take two tablespoons each of curd, lemon juice,rose water and apply on the face,neck and tanned areas.This works out best when followed regularly on alternative basis.This also helps to improve the complexion.This also helps for those who have oily skin .If you are have fair complexion take care that you do not apply regularly.

2)Take one teaspoon of Bengal gram flour, two spoons of curd or milk,l to 2 teaspoons of rose water or lemon juice(requirement depends on the nature of your skin),little bit of pure water and form a pack.Apply on the face,neck and allow it to dry for five to ten minutes. Bengal gram flour makes the skin softer,needless to say lemon bleaches the face.

3)Take two teaspoons of multanimetti(available on all herbal medical shops), 1 teaspoon of pure turmeric powder(kasturi manjal),some amount of pure water,as usual make it a paste by mixing with any of the above mentioned .

You can follow either tip two or three.If you are running out of time in a hurry,never mind ,just take 2 teaspoons of rose water & lemon juice and apply on the face with a cotton.This gives instant freshness.

4)FOR DANDRUFF:
    a)Take any antidandruff shampoo.You must decide which is best.I personally feel Anti dandruff shampoo from himalaya product is good.Before shampooing apply some amount of coconut oil on the hair,massage well on the roots of the hair.Take a clean towel, dip in a half a bucket of hot water and tie the towel covering the entire head.wait for half an hour and then take bath.This can also be used when you are using Shikai powder.

b)Take some amount of curd,half tumbler of lemon juice(diluted),apply on the hair,massage well and then take hair bath.

c)Take some amount of fenugreek seeds,dip it in hot water.Do it before going to bed if you are taking hair bath in the morning.Take the fenugreek seeds which is dipped,grind well and mix it with curd and apply on the hair.(apply thoroughly on the roots using fingers in circular movements) before hair bath.Wait for some time before bathing.

Though the above tips may not immediately bring a solution but still yields good results.

5)FOR HEALTHY HAIR
    For good and long hair you can use karilanganni oil (it is available on all herbal medical shops.It is sold as powder as well as oil) before hair bath.But make sure whether it suits with your body nature as I don’t have a clear picture of it.

Let me finish with it. I will come up with some more tips in the future.Good Wishes to all of you.

5 people like this.

2. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hi Bhargavi,
    Your beauty tips are really valuable.thanks for sharing with us...i have started following the tips given in the part1...& part2 i will surely follow because iam suffering from dandruff & hairloss...iam scared to use any anti-dandruff shampoo & in US we cant get all herbal oils...so do you have any homemade remedies to prevent hairloss...onemore thing to washoff excess oil from hair can u suggest any homemade shampoo...thanks once again

3. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey Bhargavi

Thanks for these wonderful tips !

I'll try these and will let u know the results... also thanks for sharing the tips for dandruff and hair loss... as i'm having hair loss too... i guess everyone in US must have faced this problem at some time or the other... the water is soo hard its makes ur hair frizzy and dry... my hair is reduced to half its volume, its all over the carpet and everywhere I look... i'm so worried... will try what u suggested and lets see if it helps me

thanks
    ~Abha

4 people like this.
  4. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Bhargavi the tips are very helpful all the ingredients are handy. I will surely try them and let you know.

5. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi
    i also will try and let u know....

bye

1 person likes this.
  6. BhargaviChakravarthy

Hi ammu and abha,
    I have read your reply.I will let you know with in two days.Thank you for your feedback.
    take care
    Luv
    Bhargavi

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

Dear swetha and huma,
    Thank you for your feedback.Let me know the results.

luv
    Bhargavi

1 person likes this.
  8. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Hi Bhargavi,

I appreciate all the valuable beauty tips you've given here...thanks!! I'll be grateful if u can give me a solution to my problem.

I've been getting pimples (especially on my chin) often from the time i came to the U.S nearly a yr ago. I hardly had this problem when i was in India. My skin type is normal.

Can u suggest me some remedies??

Thanks,

Ragini.

9. BhargaviChakravarthy

Hi ammu,
    1)as you asked abt anti dandruff shampoo,i don't have an idea,i have tried only Himalaya(Anti dandruff shampoo).I don't know much abt other other products.Why not you use shikai powder.If any of your relatives are in chennai,you can ask them to get ingredients packet to be added along with shikai.They can get them from herbal medical shop.If you find Himalaya product from shops in US you can get them.But before applying them follow the treatments which i suggested for anti dandruff.Moreover all elders used to advise me that using shampoo is not advisable healthwise.you can get the names of genuine products from Beauty parlours as i cannot suggest any product with out knowing abt it.
    2)For hairloss:
    One of my friend and even i am suffering from hairloss.But what my friend does is,she massages coconut oil deeply inside the roots of the hair.But again you said that you said that your hair is oily.Hence after massaging take hair bath.Olive oil,almod oil also works best for healthy hair.But see to it whether it suits you.Actually it is very difficult to get this herbal product (In tamil (Vembalampattai)there,for which you need the help of your relatives.You should put a small amt of that in the hair oil (coconut oil)which you use.The oil becomes red colour.It gives best results for long hair,as well as prevents hair loss.

You can even follow 5th point .I repeat
    5)FOR HEALTHY HAIR
    For good and long hair you can use karilanganni oil (it is available on all herbal medical shops.It is sold as powder as well as oil) before hair bath.But make sure whether it suits with your body nature as I don’t have a clear picture of it.
    3)A common tip which everybody says for washing off excessive oil is "take hair bath thrice or twice in a week".Even using conditioner along with shampoo helps .
    I will get info abt home remedies for all the problems which you have asked and come back to you later.
    Thank you for your feedback and response.
    Keep giving me such feedbacks.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  10. hima

hima New IL'ite

hai !
    thanks a lot for u r nice tips. i will try to follow them.
    :goodidea: