1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to Reduce Dark Circles under the eyes

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by srilu, Dec 5, 2006.

1. srilu

srilu New IL'ite

Hi,

i will contineously work on the computer my eyes are becoming dry and i am getting the dark circles and also the burning sensation

if i will not see the computer i am not getting eye pains how to reduce the dark circles i have tried with cucumber slices and potato but no result wat can i have remedy for this

on my face it is like dark dircles of too much black

can any body reply b'coz i am not getting the reply wat ever i have posted till now :p

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

today's hindu has something for u

dear srilu,
    today's hindu has an article abt the eye problem they say now the eye doc has a drop which u need to keep in the office and use it every 5hrs...to stop the eyes from drying..stop the strain and sleep well early to bed and early to rise is a very good old saying...pl try to follow that..the inner self if rested well will take care of the outer self...regards sunkan

3. srilu

srilu New IL'ite

Hi

thanks for u r reply i will try to get the information from Hindu

Thanks

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi srilu,
    You also try to drink plenty of water....nearly 3 litres....that is a lot, but it will help definetely. Also externally try to use some oil based cream and lightly massage it...that should also help. But do u get plenty of sleep....take care of that too....it will take time but try for at least a week and you may see some changes....at least this way we will definetely be pampering our eyes. I also had this and now trying all this, i can see the difference!

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

burning of the eyes

Dear Srilu,
    Sometimes we do feel that noone's caring for us. That's natural. If none answered your queries ,it may be because they would have missed it or may be didn't know the answer for that.. some reason will be there for that.. Noone will ever neglect you.. Ok
    Now we come to your problem.. I also had it inbetween. Then I started pampering my eyes.. Wet some cotton wool with rose water and put it over your eyes before you sleep or whenever you get time at home. Drink water and keep your eyes hydrated. Lack of water does make your eyes dry.
    Whenever you feel your eyes are burning while at work, just put your palms over your eyes and count 10/20 as much as you can. You'll see the difference soon.
    In the night before you go to sleep take vaseline or eye cream or almond oil and massage slowly with your fingertips around the eye area.
    Keeping potato slices over the eyes will also help you get rid of the dark circles. Try these out.
    Latha :wave

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  6. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Avarai Leaf Juice!

Hi Srilu,

For any type of scars, pimples, black spots - can apply the juice of "Avarai" Leaf all over the face daily in the mornings. Will give you good results.

These leaves can be found fresh in the Fresh Green Herbal shops or else you can use the Avarai Leaf Powder(make a paste and apply), if you can locate it in any Herbal shops. Try and let me know the results.

Vanaja

7. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />hi srilu

hope these tips will help.these r given by vatsi and sonu_627 on beauty tips forum.u can find some more if u will search..............

Tips to remove dark circles

Dip cotton pads in a mixture of cucumber and potato juice. and keep the cotton pads on your eyelids. After 15 to 20 minutes wash your eyes will cold water.

To reduce puffiness of your eyes, grate a potato, tie in a cloth and place the cloth over your eyes for about 15 minutes.

For bright and sparkling eyes ,add a small pinch of salt in water and wash your eyes.

Crush a cucumber and take the juice. Add a little rose water and apply around the eyes and wash it after 20 minutes.

Place cotton wool swabs dipped in cold milk on closed eyes for removing dark circles for 10-15 minutes daily before sleeping.

Crush a cucumber and take out the juice. Add a little rose water and apply around the eyes and wash it after 30 minutes.

You can also put cucumber slices on youe eye lids for 10 minutes to soothen your eyes.

Coconut oil massage daily for 5 minutes before sleeping will help will help you a lot in removing your dark circles.

Slice one small piece of a potato, and cut the slice in half. Put each slice under your eyes and leave them under your eyes for 20 minutes.

You can place slightly warm tea bags over your eyes 10-15 minutes to lessen dark circles.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    De-Puffing of Eyes

This is one of the most common beauty problems. These ideas can help:

• Gently tap your skin with your ring finger when you're applying eye cream to encourage the excess fluid to drain away.
    • Store creams in the refrigerator, as the coldness will also help reduce puffiness.
    • Take a couple of slices of cucumber (or strips of grated potato) and rest them on your eyes for 20 minutes.
    • Rest for about 15 minutes with two damp tea bags over your eyes; tea bags are said to help fade under-eye bags because they contain tannin and polyphenols which have an astringent effect.
    • Fill a small bowl with iced water or ice-cold milk. Soak a cotton wool (cotton ball) pad with the liquid and lie down with the dampened pads over your eyes. Replace the pads as soon as they become warm. Continue for 15 minutes. As well as reducing puffiness, this treatment will brighten the whites of your eyes.
    • Soak two cotton wool wedges (cotton balls) in chilled rosewater, squeeze out the excess and rest them on your eyes for 20 minutes.
    • Leave a teaspoon in the fridge for an hour or overnight, remove it and place the bulb of the spoon over your eye, first making sure it is not too cold or freezing, as this may damage your skin.
    Tip:Try placing cucumber slices over the eyelids - they are a natural aid for puffy eyes.

Tip: Cotton wool pads (cotton balls) soaked in rosewater and put over the eyelids soothe tired eyes.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. srilu

srilu New IL'ite

Hi

Dear all,

thanks for u r replies,

What i am trying to get rid of this i will tell u

as u told lika i will drink nearly 2l of water in the office and when ever i try to put cucumber slices and potato after 10 min my eyes are more burning and even i tried with rose water when i removed the cotton bolls on my eyes they are hurting me and even my sleep will be min 8 hrs sat and sunday even it is more but the draw back is i will think more for each every thing

i tried all these i dont wat is the solution again and even i will touch the eyes with cold water 3 times when i will be in the office also

Hi Srinivasan can i apply avarai paste on early morning and can i apply soap after this or after bath can i apply mine is normal skin can i apply

can i massage with olive oil before going to sleep?

and when i aplly oil to myes i will get white heads under eyes soon b'coz i have so many whiote heads on face and under the eyes also

9. durgaa

durgaa New IL'ite

Dark circles-eyes

Dear Srilu,
    Here is again durgakka for your beauty problem.
    Do eye exercises without shaking your head,apply almond oil mixture with out lime juice,wait for 20 mts,wipeoff with damp cotton.
    d iet-Intake of plenty fruit juices without sugar,raw carrot, green leaves.
    cucumber/raw potato/weak tea dicoction pads on eyes 15mts/day
    Beauty sleep-8 hrs/day

10. ushamt

ushamt New IL'ite

Reduce black circles under eyes

Hi,

Apply Mint(Pudina) leaves juice under eyes before u go to bed & leave it till morning. Do it till you get rid of them . You will see the difference after 3 days.

Go to Sleep early.

While you work or watching TV, see the distant object for a minute for every hour. This will reduce starin on eyes.

Eat carrots as many as you can. This will reduce eye pains. I tried my self. This will work 100%.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2006