1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

What are "Observation Pages" in Passport?

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Confused211, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

I need to renew my passport and the instructions ask for copies of "Observation Pages". What exactly are these? Would they include all of my previous visas/entry-exit stamps of each country? Or are they only the pages that Indian passport services stamped information into the passport?

Thanks!

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Observations made in the passports are usually referred to the additional information/corrections made by the authorities on the passport pages other than the front and back pages of the passport. Say when you got your passport, your spouse name field in blank and later when you wish to add the spouse name, you may get an endorsement inside the passport. Similarly, if there is a typo in address field, parent's name etc, usually an endorsement is made with the corrections. Its not done on cover pages, but in any of the blank pages in the passport. Also police clearance is also given as endorsements in passport. All those are refferred as observations in passport. Its not the stamps you get when you enter/exit thru airports.

3. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite