1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Canada PR - from India

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by ivlakshmi, May 5, 2015.

1. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,
    How long will it take to get a canada PR if applied from India. What would be the cost of it and process for the same. My friend wants to know. Please advice

2. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Hi laxmi,

I and my DH have also applied for Canada PR.
    My DH is primary holder here i'll be going as his spouse however , will be allowed to work in Canada unlike in USA H4 visa holder are not allowed to work.

well we applied for Canada immigration last year in April 2014 (ideally, process like getting education documents verified by respective graduation, PG universities tool lot of time)
    for my DH , the company letters signed by manager or higher authority person was very much required being primary holder but that took lot of time (as he had to take from 3-4 companies that he changed so far)

Also, as per new process, spouse also have to get his/her educational documents verified.

which was later couriered to WES Canada and they send the letter stating it qualifies documents.
    so let me brief u with basics

1) She/He needs to consult good Agent (we consulted APEX Visa) - my DH has spend around 80k
    2) UR friend needs to appear for IELTS exam and select date to appear for exam (its 2 days exam - 1 day having written test , exam center gives another date depending on her roll number for Orals) - 10k it costs.

Now, again this entire process gives out points to user's profile on basis of

1) Field like (Medical/IT) etc
    2) If you have job letter of any company in Canada that adds more pts.
    3) IELTS score
    4) Educational Qualifications
    5) Spouse qualification
    6) Spouse IELTS Score

Few more things I guess they consider not very sure..and on basis of that one gets ranking say we have 370 Rank as of now...

Now as per new process ppl with higher ranks gets invitation. Every month they declare the list of immigrants getting invitation.

till now ppl with 450 score have got invitation. we are waiting for ours.

My DH is planning to appear for IELTS again to increase his score..which would add more pts in our current 370 provided he scores better than last time.

Again, its takes 3 years stay in Canada ( need not be continous) to get Canada citizenship and there after ur friend is free to re-locate to US.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

hi Laxmi and Prakh,

well we did some research like that of city and environment.
    Well, Nova scotia I have heard of is the extreme cold climatic place which we avoided when we were offered to apply for only this province.

Make sure, you dont go for city specific immigration deal coz that will block you like for 2 consecutive years you will have to stay in particular province only. (not sure if can work in other province)

Currently, for the new process that we have applied our express entry score is 370 no luck yet..waiting for invitation from govt.

Go for real good agency who has more visa ratings , we did that too but still cant say nething as we are waiting for our call.

Well, is hard luck in finding jobs sitting here in india for Canada..but keep trying your luck over linkedin or forums or if you have any relative in Canada who can pass on ur resume (still for that referral thing , company will like to know ur visa status).

With the experience you have , you might earn more pts. Like if you have 15 yrs of experience more pts you earn.

Donot belive any such consultant based in India that offers you job without thorough investigation on it coz they ask for huge commission from you which will put up big hole. (however am not sure if such consultants do exists) I know of consultants that exists for US H1 Visa.

Regarding going Canada with spouse...well initially for 1 or 2 months as part of taking break from office may sound good.but not leaving everything in india and going Canada without job.

Me and my DH have planned in this way - he being on higher salary scale than me, we both will go to Canada together, I'll resign from job here and he will take leave from office.
    We both will try for job there , if we are lucky enough to crack interview either of us , He will leave job in india and return back to Canada. if no luck..I'll stay back in canada alone and will continue the searching of job.

Now, good thing abt Canada govt is they pay for the living and other expenses like home rental for non-job residents till they find job.

One of my friend is Canada citizen, here is piece of advice from here regarding housing rental

"like for 1 bedroom basement it's $750-$850. And for 1 bedroom apartment it will be $850-$900 bit in apt you pay extra for parking, locker and even laundry... In basement it includes everything....

condo rentals is around $1400 "

Various fields has various pts like I know nursing professionals gets more pts in their profile and for teaching u will have to search.

IELTS if you score more than 8 will be great, my DH is re-applying for IELTS to make his score better. he is scoring 8 (scoring 6.5/7 in each is minimal requirement for primary holders)

Yes we are targetting US which can happen after spending 3 yrs in Canada that is once we are canada citizens.

2 people like this.