1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Emirates - Name issue - Need URGENT answer

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by ssubhasr, Dec 23, 2014.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

I booked the tickets for my parents from india to Boston in Emirates. My dad has a very long Last name and Emirates website is unable to accommodate that much letters (22 letters). When we called Emirates they are saying that there is more chance that the US immigration might ask questions why there is a mismatch between passport and ticket for my dad and they are not responsible. I understand this point. When we asked, emirates said they are able to accommodate the full name in their system and asked us to pay Rs.5,000 extra to do that.

Did anyone face this issue ? If I just type my dad's name upto the letters it can accommodate, will they have any issue in the immigration (Unable to accommodate only last 2 letters).

2. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

My last name is long and emirates could not print complete name in boarding pass.. they printed my last name completely and my first name's initial letter.. in immigration check, they told me they need full name printed .. emirates printed the complete details in a white paper and put a seal on it with their managers signature... when I showed that paper with boarding pass, they let me in.. this happened in SFO airport and emirates did not charge me anything..

2 people like this.
  3. krisa

krisa New IL'ite

I dont think ithey must charge for it. It is free.