1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Namakarana function according to telugu custom

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by harun, Jun 30, 2011.

1. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

we live abroad and i am pregnant with my 2nd baby.My Il;s & parents wants my delivery in India.the prob is ,my il's and parents live in different city (by train it tajes 24 hrs travel).i am planning to go india during my 7th month & stay there untill my baby is 3-4 monts old.
    My il's saying since namakaranam done at IL's place when the baby is 21 days old ,asking me to stay at thier place.But my MIL is alone & she doesn;t have anybody to support her.she doesnt have a maid(doesn;t likes to keep maid).
    so she alone has to cook & look after other household activities.I alone only have to do my kids needs,even when the newborn arives,which i feel difficult.
    My parents are at thier native place so have lot of reletives to help us in various things.so i feel delivery at my mom's place is better.
    MY QUESTION IS :can we do namakaranam of the baby during 3rd month?OR
    can it be done at my parents place.

2. suryayasaswini

suryayasaswini Silver IL'ite

Hi harun
    I am also from telugu native. According to our custom we do namakaranam either 21 st day or annaprasam time that is in 6 th or 7 th month. If we want to do on 21'st day, then will do the namakaranam in parents house only.We did it in my parents house only for my 2 kids. After the namakaranam only u have to apply for the passport. So better to do 21'st day only.

3. vebha

vebha New IL'ite

Hi,
    As per my knowledge the 2nd delivery will be taken care (expenses by inlaws only) and namakaranam can be done either on 21st day or 3rd month .

4. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

My MIL is saying tat namkarnam done at IL's place .she soemhow do not want me to go to my parents place piutting some ritulas as reasons.
    my 1st son is 2.5 yrs old.I still have to force food as hez a fussy eater,he keeps running here & there & doesnt wants to bath,dress etc etc..My MIL will not assist in any of these activities.she will simply say when he wants we shud do like that.so i am concerened abt my 1st son health also.
    I am not knowing wat reason i can say to go to my mom's place.
    she is telling i have to travel with the baby long journey for the 21st day function in a very convincing way.

5. sindura16

sindura16 Bronze IL'ite

first of all why do u want to go to India for delivery...is there any specific reason for that one...all customs r man made n everything is possible according to what suits u best...so be strong in ur word when u can't take care of both kids...

6. beerbal

beerbal Silver IL'ite

They invent all kinds of creative reasons. Just call her bluff. IMO, all rituals that cost are usually done at the girl's house :thumbsdown. That's how they made the rules anyway. :rotfl

Also, why go to India for delivery?

7. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

DH Forcing delivery at his place becoz of passport issue

I am planing to get my delivery at my mom's place coorg.Mine and my DH passport is issued at Bangalore.My DH native is Hyderabad.
    1)How to apply my newborn's passport at my native.
    what is the procedure? And how much time it takes?

2)Can i apply my newborn's passport through TATKAL?
    How much time it takes & what are the additional documents needed?

3)I want my newborn's passport within a month's time.How can i get it/

8. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

According to telugu custom namakarana function for a newborn may be performed either on 21stday or in 3rd or 5th month..most popular are 21stday for normal delivery and 3rdmth for normal/ c-section and I think it shd take place at girl's place and function shd be held by her parents(expenses for 1st delivery& baby naming function shd be borne by girl's parents). Hope this helps..

9. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

Re: DH Forcing delivery at his place becoz of passport issue

hi dear, u can apply in tatkal, it comes in a week, not more than that, i applied for my daughter in jaipur,
    passport came on the 6th day, but you need to take signature of head of police of your house area in some papers when u apply for it.very easy procedure,only u need passport copy of parents,birth certificate of baby,
    and if your hubby is abroad while applying pp then u need sworn affidavit duly attested by indian embassy abroad and if he is with u in india then u dont need it. please dont hire any agent these people need money, when they get it they r eloped.apply yourself, just inquire abt documents u will need, make them ready when the baby is born ,apply for it.

10. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

i want to understood how much time it takes to recive the passport if we apply passport within a weeks time of child birth.Both mine & my DH passport applied at bangalore and our natives r diffrent.
    wat are the documents needed for applying new born's passport.
    we want the passport within a month's time.
    what can we do to get it soon.