1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Lost my Advance Parole - Very Urgent

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Taurusgirl, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Taurusgirl

Taurusgirl New IL'ite

hi
    I came to India for a 3 week trip.During a train travel, I lost my suitcase with my immigration file (With AP, marriage certificate and pay stubs). Although I have my AP copies, passport intact but not AP original document.Now I have to leave in 1 week from Chennai but dont know if I can board the flight and come to SFO. If I come to SFO will they check the my AP status in their database and let me in or send me back.Has anyone been in this situation, please help me.I am desperate.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010

2. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

I believe that you MUST have a document proof of your permission to enter into USA(like a valid Visa or AP etc) even before buying the ticket. Even while you are boarding the flight in India to USA, the airlines wont let you to board without the legal permission to enter into USA. Even they allow to board, at the stopovers(like London/singapore, hong knong etc) they will not let you to board.
    So, I would say to stay back till you get a legal permission document which could be acceptable to enter into USA. I would say, contact US consulate near to you with the copy of lost AP, a nice covering letter(also have the police case filing before this and quote the case number and address in the letter). Contact Chennai consulate on phone first and proceed.
    Good luck