Getting a job in UAE

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by svasu84, May 11, 2011.

1. svasu84

svasu84 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Here in this space, i want to discuss about the job opportunities in UAE. I came here in Jan 2011 and am searching from the day one. I am a chartered Accountant. When was in India, as everyone believes, even i also had a thought that i can get good offers and get placed soon.

Hmmmm nothing turned up... :cry: What should i really to get placed here? sometimes i lost the hope and just won't apply for jobs here. Please suggest me an idea and if u come across any openings in any of the Company in which u or ur family members or friends work please let me know...

2. agnath

agnath Silver IL'ite

the best way to get jobs in UAE is , through recruiting agencies, please get yourself registered with good agencies, you can find the details of these agencies from news papers, gulf news, khaleej times etc, and on line also. You can contact some agencies in India also, companies prefer to use the services of these recruitment agencies, because it saves a lot of time for them, and sometimes these vacancies are not out in the market also. So better use services of recruitment firms, local ,but better if u use firms from India, (sometimes theyhave exclusive rights ). Being CA, I still feel there are very good chances of you getting good jobs. You can also try and become member of ISC, sometimes they also let indian community know if some vacancy is available. All the best.

3. svasu84

svasu84 New IL'ite

Hi Agnath, as u have stated i have registered with all most well know and popular job and recruitment sites in UAE. Nothing works :( I found lot of opening in Dubai rather than in Abu Dhabi. As i stay in Abu Dhabi am searching here itself. I thought of giving ads in gulf news paper itself (not the online newspaper - as the ads over there is free and i have given in that also)

4. agnath

agnath Silver IL'ite

Availability of jobs is definately more in Dubai than in Abudhabi. Have you registered on recruitment sites, or with the recruitment agencies?. I meant that you need to be registered with the recruitment agencies, and details of the agencies will be available in local news papers. I have managed to get jobs in Abudhabi this way ( have changed jobs whenever we wanted to come to India). Try and I am sure youwill be successful, All the best.

5. svasu84

svasu84 New IL'ite

Yes of course, have registered in al most al recruitment sites by going through the Gulf news paper. Getting calls from local contracting and trading company with low offer. Am really looking to get in to a good company. That's why... wat u say? Whether first we need to get into a company what ever comes in order to get experience or wait for a good company to get placed?

My husband has asked me to go to the Head quarters of all the companies and drop them my resume in person. This way even for all well known companies too. how it works? Any idea and suggestion please

6. nizzu

nizzu New IL'ite

hi i understand the situation u r going through but dont loose hopes success will be as bigger as the hard work is . I am telling you this because i am in the same situation which u r in because i think the more i give hopes to other the more i will gain the hopes please keep trying

7. nizzu

nizzu New IL'ite

and will try my best to find a opening in abu dhab or dubai by speaking to relatives over here and i would request you to find a opening for me as well any english call centre or customer service.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  8. pawarju

pawarju Bronze IL'ite

there is one semigovernment company - al waha capital. Search in google and apply online. They always requires finance people and salary is always more than 15k.
    All placement agnecies gives false promises and hopes.
    You dh idea also sometimes works out.

9. MacCap

MacCap New IL'ite

Hi Guys,

I am new to Abu Dhabi just arrived 10 days back.

I am looking for a secretarial or administration opportunities in Abu Dhabi. I have applied to all possible websites and company job portals. But no luck so far, do not seem to receive any response at all.

I had been working as Executive Assistant in Mumbai till Dec'12.

Hope you guys could help me out with any suggestions for job hunt.

God bless you

Thanks