1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Dhrithi's Second Birthday Bash!!!!

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by swaran, Oct 3, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All, :hiya

Many of you might have read my DD's First birthday celebration...

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/i...3438-my-dhrithis-1st-birthday-ayushhomam.html

Its like , as if just few months back i wrote about my DD's 1st birthday celebration but i have started to write about her 2nd birthday bash...
    This year, i should say was not a big celebration like last year...i wanted to celebrate her birthday this year mainly for my DD's happiness,i mean usually the 1st birthday celebration is more for the sake of parents and relatives than for the birthday baby's...usually the baby will be irritated or atleast will not know whats happening around during its first birthday but the next few year's birthdays,the kid will surely enjoy!!!!....

In this one year,my DD got a chance to attend few birthday parties and hence she would get more than excited once we utter the word :birthday...even if we open a cup-cake,my DD would start singing "Happy Birthday to You"...or if she see s a balloon or any cake in the shop,she would say"amma ,Happy birthday ma"...

It so happened that she went to a party and suddenly she asked my MIL "paati,cake enge..cake ellaiyaa Happy Birthday ku"(Granny,where is the cake..is there no cake for the party)?? looking at all the arrangements...so you can understand how excited she would be if she gets to celebrate her own birthday:banana...

so here we go....let me start ...but i believe this post wont be verrrrrrryyyyyyyyy big unlike my previous one..hehee...so dont worry...

This year was very busy for me managing both office work and my toddler cum home work....i had a very tight schedule...my office work was increasing more everyday and so as my DD's naughtiness...office work was far more manageable than managing Dhrithi.:bonk.hehee...but i really loved this period...she played a lot...she spoke a lot and load more mischeifs...i really cant express how happy and proud i felt in this 1 year,and yes it continues.. :)

My DH just like last year escaped on his official trip just before her birthday...he had to travel back and forth to various places right from june...just the right time for his office to send him :rant...and i asusual ended up in planning,shopping,roaming and organising the whole event...ufffffffff....but again asusual i enjoyed doing it :-D...

I actually dint have much things to buy unlike last year where i had to do loads of purchases...my DH and family members on the other side gave a strict order not to roam much like last year and spoil my health.. :hide...they asked me to keep the party simple...and hence i had to oblige

This year since my DH was out on a official trip during Dhrithi's birthday(22nd Aug),we thought of keeping the party after he reaches bangalore...her star birthday happened to fall on the 30th of August..hence we decided to have the party on that day..

This year,the party was in bangalore at our home...we decided to call just few neighbours/friends nearby...i had to keep the word "SIMPLE" in mind :-D...I wanted to make a simple invitation for her birthday this year but again i myself had to drop the plan as i felt the time/money and mainly the effort spent wont be equal to the number of families that we would call...and i was not sure whether it would be recieved well ...so dropped it :-(

Continues.............

9 people like this.

2. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

wow.. belated birthday wishes to your cuty pie.. eagerly waiting for your post to be continued..

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

PART-1

letme list out the things i bought first..

Basically i had a lot of eye masks/hooters/birthday caps left out after her 1st birthday...so it was not required to buy these again for this year...:-D

RETURN GIFTS
    --------------------
    Just like previous year,this year too i bought 3 different gifts depending on the kid's age...but like last year,i dint want to buy many small items and pack as single one...i wanted to get single gift for each of the kid...also there were many left over return gifts of last year's..

If you would have read my DD's first birthday celebration,i would have mentioned that i wanted to conduct games during the party and hence i bought some small extra gifts like coin holder,craft items,colourful masks and other things to give as gifts to kids who win the game..remember??..i couldnt conduct those and hence had some return gifts :-(.....

so basically i had last year's game gifts+last year's return gifts+had to buy return gifts for this year's birthday....

Now how do i dispose off last year's birthday return gift?? :bonk...because if i give the same this year too,kids will feel bad that i am giving the same gift this year too...that would be bad :-(

This year too,i had already prepared a list of kids who would be attending the birthday party...took all the return gifts of last year's and made a made note near to the kid's name like to whom i would be giving which gift...like to whom i should give last year's gift and to whom,i need to buy new gifts...

For eg :: A kid who was 3 year old last year, would not have received the gift of a 4 year kid..hence this year, since that kid would have become 4 years,i thought of giving the same gift that i gave a 4 year kid last time...so like this i made some note and then calculated the number of return gifts i had to buy..:idea

Went for shopping in big bazaar and got the items for the kids....

KIDS

Divided them into 3 groups ::

0-3 years ::

Bought medium size books like flowers,animals,numbers..colourful ones and those that cannot be torn easily...basically for my party,the kids who belong to this age group and not very small,i mean the 3-4 kids who would be in this age group were in 1.5-3 years of age..hence i thought of going ahead with these books
    The cost was Rs35 for each book...this i wrapped in normal rectangular shape

4-13 years ::

Bought a metal coin bank with cute animal pics stuck on them for each kid...it costed 45Rs/coinBank...
    wrapped them in the cylindrical shape with a holder...

14-15 years :::

For kids of this age,bought a different looking pen stand made of wood-it costed 45Rs for each piece
    these gifts too i wrapped them up in normal box shape

After i packed all the gift items,i made sure that i stuck my DD's personalised Happy Birthday satin ribbon on top...i would have mentioned about this ribbon in my previous post...For people who did not read/dont remember,i ll mention it again::I had made a personalised birthday ribbon for my DD's birthday...bought 4 tapes of satin ribbon and gave it to person who prints invitation and asked him to type "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DHRITHI" all over the length of the ribbons...

Last year i made a bow shape of this and stuck to the return gifs...but it was not very much visible...i mean i dont know whether all the people would have noticed that..hence this year...i thought of sticking the ribbon on the return gifts straight..i mean a ribbon containing HAPPY BIRTHDAY DHRITHI would be stuck straight on the return gift...thats how i did it...and it was very much visible this time :)

DSC00047.JPG DSC00040.JPG DSC00046.JPG DSC09947.JPG
    DSC09946.JPG

Continues...............

4. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swaran........

[​IMG]What a planning...!!! That too managing work and home with a toddler.. And updating in IL also.. You are really a super duper women.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Gift prioritization, segregation, etc. etc.. super.. [​IMG]

Really she is very lucky to have you as her mother..

Once again my wishes to our cute Dhrithi... [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

ELDERS

Hey i dint forget the elders :)...i had something for them too ;-)

QUILLED WALL HANGING

Last year i gave a sapling each , for a family...this year too i wanted to give something useful i mean not only for them , but also useful for the environment..but dint know what to do :bonk..

I was actually confused ,couldnt decide the return gift that had to be given to the elders....our IL friend gayatri(special) gave me a wonderful idea...her quilling work impressed me a lot...i contacted her and asked her to show her creations...she showed me variety of handmade things like organdi flowers,quilled wall hanging,photo frame of different shapes and patterns and many more...she was very patient in showing me all her creations and she was prompt in her response too:thumbsup...infact i never spoke with her over phone..all were mail communications...i first time i heard her voice was when i invited her 2 days before my DD's birthday... :-D
    So basically i decided that i would go ahead with quilled wall hanging..eventhough i decided that we could go ahead with quilling,i wanted to do something good for our environment too...so asked our friend gayatri whether she could do the same quilling with magazine/newspaper sheets...she very well accepted my idea and said she needs a day or two to see how it would come and then tell me whether it would be fine and she came back in a day's time and said its possible and showed me some samples too..i was super convienced and asked her to go ahead and make 25 wall hanging with different animals pattern...I also asked her to attach her business card at the back of the wall hanging for advt...so the wall hanging was made...she made it in such a way that it could be hung or even be stuck on to fridge/wall since she had also provided sticker at the back..great :idea...

I was super happy...and she delivered the items right on time and i was very much impressed...

Attaching the pics for your view.......

P.JPG 03082011328p.JPG 03082011332p.JPG View attachment 138313

Attached Files:

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

PART-2

CAKE
    ----------
    Last year me and my family were very much impressed with the cake by amma's pasteries..hence this time,i dint want to look for some other shop...i went to amma's pasteries with few designs that i had finalised from their website but my bad luck,he said none of them could be made as they would clash with my requirements(eggless,kgs)..:bonkhence i had no clue as which cake shape to order...just like last time,i questioned so many things to the baker and he too was confused thinking "how to make this lady get convienced to some shape" :bonk..hehee...atlast he asked me what my daughter likes,which cartoons she likes for which i said that "my DD has no liking to any cartoon characters and she doesnt like watching cartoon,rather prefers cine songs":-D...he was actually scared thinking whether i would ask him to make any actor's image in cake:crazy...so he left the place immediately asking me to come to a conclusion....
    Atlast,i decided my cake...my DD has developed a special liking towards butterflies in the past few months...so i asked the baker to make a cake with lot of butterflies,basically with things like birds,flowers etc....told many other things dont know how much he understood:bonk...atlast made an order for a 6kg eggless vanilla blueberry cake and came home..cost Rs 3600
    Check out the cake too............have a bite...:thumbsup

375127460_g.jpg 238085441_g.jpg

DRESSES
    -----------
    Eventhough my DH was out of town before her birthday,i was so adamant that i would get Dhrithi's birthday dress only after my DH returns ..the evening before he started for his official trip,both of us went and started our hunt for her dress...we decided that we would go ahead with a lenghty frock instead of the regular short knee length frock...ghagras,chudi and other type of dresses were good but we were not sure whether she would have the patience to keep the dress till the party was over and also whether she ll have the patience to put on the dresses that has kundans and zaris..hence we fixed lenghty frock :)..checked many shops but either we were not satisfied with the pattern of the frock or we dint get the apt size...i mean it was very big...

Atlast found a shop which had good collection...my DH finalised a violet frock but i was not 100% satisfied but he said she ll look great in that...still i was not convienced but then decided to go as per his decision...so bought the frock and came home...slowly i started to collect matching accessories for the birthday dress..like bangles,hairbands,clips and ofcourse shoes ;-)

This time i bought her a cut-shoe i mean like a cinderalla shoe..golden colour...it was lovely and apt for that dress.. :) i was actually thinking whether she would wear it or not because it was a fully covered shoe...she doesnt have a shoe of that sort..but to my surprise,she wore it and was refusing to remove it for about an hour after i showed her the shoe...hehhee...

this time,Me and DH dint buy any dress for us..we decided to match our available dresses with DD's

Have a look at her dress and accessories ...dont forget to check her shoes in the second pic:)

DhrithiMS.JPG
    adadad.JPG

Decorations and candles
    ---------------------------------
    Many decorative items were there at home due to recent functions/festivals that we celebrated at my place..so i just bought few chain papers, colourful ones...one packet of balloons....and birthday candles...

This time i bought 2 types of candles
    (1)One candle that was shaped as HAPPY BIRTHDAY...single seperate one for each alphabet...it was very cute...
    (2)along with that i also bought an intelligent candle which opens up and starts playing the happy birthday tune once we light it...:)

Continues................

8 people like this.
  7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

PART-3

22nd August 2011 - Dhrithi's Birthdate
    ---------------------------------------------------------

For this my dad and aunt had come from chennai...basically we dint have any celebration at home...they just came because the following week(party),my dad had to go on a official trip...so he came to spend some time with his granddaughter for 2 days...i had office on that day..and suddenly i thought that i would get a cake back home and ask DD to cut it in front of my father and aunt since they would not be able to come for her party...so started a little early from office and went home after getting a 1/2 kg cake..2 of my dad's friends had come home to see my dad....

My dad was very happy since he never expected a cake cutting...he actually asked 2 weeks before whether there would be a cake cutting party when he comes...so he was very happy to see his GD cut cake..my DD on the other hand was more than happy to see the cake box...she started to sing "happy birtday to you"..and said "amma cake cake :banana"...later i took her and just made her wear the dress my dad had got and asked her to cut the cake...she herself blew the small candle,cut the cake and distributed to the guests...she and i went and distributed the cake to our neighbours as well...so it was small cute party...:thumbsup
    thats the small cake and my cutie in her birthday dress...

605123730_g.jpg
    215282332_p.JPG

30th August 2011 -Dhrithi's starBirthday-PARTY TIME :party
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day was very busy arranging all furnitures at home,cleaning,organising,decorating...thank god my BIL,mother and my neighbour uncle were there to help me ....my FIL and MIL were very busy arranging food for the guests for the party...so the whole day was very much busy...
    OhMyGod,even though a small party,there were so many things to do...uffffffff...

My mom had come from chennai the previous day...we took dhrithi to a temple early in the morning before starting all decorations and arrangements..after that my mom applied simple mehandi on dhrihti's tiny hands...it was so cute to look....

112639470_g.jpg

my DH had just returned from his official trip hence he couldnt take an off...my DH promised that he would get the cake and reach home...

MEanwhile i wanted to make a badge,a personalised badge for my DD's first birthday(this too i would have mentioned in my DD's first birthday celebration post)...i wanted to make a button badge with my DD's pic in it and a small text HAPPY BIRTHDAY around the badge...but then last year,i couldnt get any person to do this...but i couldnt drop the plan and decided that i myself would make the badge this year but that too i couldnt execute because of lack of time to think and execute...but i was not ready to drop the plan this year too...so suddenly while we were decorating the house in the afternoon,an idea striked me,and i did the badge just 1/2 hour'(for 7 of us at home) before the cake cutting ...see the link below for my creation...

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/creative-crafts/146382-make-fancy-button-badge-within.html

my DH and all at home appreciated me a lot for this ,....i need to do this better next time when i find some time...will share with you all sometime later :)

Also Check out the small decoration that we did in our hall,a small decoration behind the place where DD will cut her cake..other than this,we decorated the whole house with loads of balloons

307743215_p.JPG 444775234_g.jpg

Since dhrihti was dressed in violet and gold combo,me and DH had to match our dresses with her's...i wore a PinkBlue designer salwar and my DH in pinkviolet designer shirt...it did match well with her's

We had actually asked the guests to come home before 6.30..but the rain started to pour down heavily.:-(...all of us at home got ready...my DH and BIL went to get the cake and actually all at home were worried whether people would turn for the party because it was raining heavily and also it was a weekday...but thank god the rain stopped at 6.30 and slowly people started to come...meanwhile my DH and BIL were back with the 2 step cake ...

It was looking very nice...the baker dint use much flashy colours and went ahead with just white,pink,yellow and green colours..he had tied a nice satin ribbon around the cake to give a nice different look...on the whole the cake was looking very nice....

then my DD took few snaps with all her tiny cute friends and was busy playing and jumping with them all :-D

later we arranged the HAPPY BIRTHDAY candles around the cake with HAPPY arranged on the top layer and BIRTHDAY on the bottom tier...and also fixed an intelligent candle on top of the cake...my DD was more than excited to see the cake and was all ready to cut it...she was constantly asking when to cut and started to sing "Happy birthday to you"...when people asked "for whom is this cake for"...she said "dhrithi paapa ku birthday...ennaku cake"(its for dhrihti,cake is for that)...she was jumping and was telling "kashika(her friend) paaru cake ..cake"(kashika, see the cake) and was asking "amma,cake cut cake cut"....we then made her stand on a small plastic stool and kept the big cake in front of her...all set and she had already kept the knife on the cake...all started to sing "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DHRITHI" but her concentration was fully on the cake... ;-)..meanwhile DH started to spray the snow all over the kids....ok then she cut the cake and my DH gave her the first piece and also to me(oh,please dont mind this..hehehe)...my BIL looked at my DH and gave a wink for this..hehee...but the comedy part is,after all these things were done,we saw that the candles were still burning.. :bonk...so we asked dhrithi to blow out all..hehehe

So then we moved the cake,and started to distribute the cake and snacks(simple one with cake,bisebela bath,curdrice,chips) to all the guests who came...just like last year,this year too all the people praised us for the cake....they said it was very good and delicious....and ofcourse my FIL's cooking....people usually come home on special occassions to get a taste of my FIL's cooking....

then we distributed the return gifts to kids and elders...the quilled wall hanging were different for all the elders and all of them asked what exactly it was and how they should keep it.....everybody praised for such a return gift saying its a different one...i would like to specially thank our special(gayatri) for making such a wonderful creation :thumbsup..i owe all the appreciation to her

After many of our guests left,my neighbourhood girls made me,DH and BIL to put on the masks and caps and took some snaps...it was fun actually....

Dhrithi was very much happy to see all her small cute friends and she never wanted to even remove her dress and cinderalla shoes even after all the guests left...infact she removed all at 11.30 in the night...

We on the other hand became very happy when we saw our LO jump with joy!!!!!

So this is all about my LO's second birthday bash....Hope you all enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

Please do post your comments and feedbacks!!!!!!...

Thanks in Advance

17 people like this.
  8. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Hi Swaran:

Lovely write-up.. each and every situation you narrated clearly.. while reading i myself felt that i was on the party too.. you have lots of creativity, ideas and patience.. hats off.. hope all your family members (esp DH and DD) are lucky to have you in their family.. I wish the same happiness to be continued throughout your life.

9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear VDeepa....
    Thanks a lot for the first feedback...i feel so happy to read such a wonderful comment from you!!!!...
    and a special thanks for the likes you have given for my posts....thanks for your wishes too.... :)
    you guys are encouraging me a lot..actually the encouragement i got for my DDs first birthday post boosted me a lot and made me do certain creative things after that...thanks and loads of thanks....

10. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Hi swaran,i was actually waiting for you to write about dhirthi's bday party:)
    Very nice write up...you have narrated well about everything...
    I love the way you selected gifts for kids,you divided them and brought according to their age,too nice...
    Cake is very yummy!!Fancy badge is really too creative thought ....
    Thanks for using my quilled creations as return gifts...