Update about SSM Builders, Perungulathur? 50% discount on price?!

Discussion in 'Housing' started by gopituty, Aug 28, 2012.

1. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Hi All.. Just got an update from my friend that SSM Trust (Srimathi Sundaravalli School) is coming up with flats in their Perungulathur complex and they are giving 50% discount on the total price if the 50% is paid in cash now. (i.e., if the price of the flat is 40lacs, we need to pay only 20lacs cash now)..

Addl info:
    CMDA approval will be received by Novembor.
    Current Sq ft price is Rs.3500/- (In April, it was Rs.2950/-)
    Expected Completion is on April 2015.

Heard that this offer is there for the last 4 months. But still wondering there is not much discussion going on about this project? Has anyone booked here?

Seems like a worthy investment for the risk takers.

Any reviews?

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

how can somebody give 50% discount gopi, i would really like to know..many small builders are already feeling the heat of the escalating cost..

The schools managements are cashing on their landbank i think.. vels also has a flat project in the vels university area.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

wasn't this discussed once in il thread when a ilite asked about this project.. i remember this much..

4. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

50% discount they are giving.. Many had booked already.. I was around that area last Sunday for a different reason, I saw a huge crowd there but thought it was a for a different reason..

And my friend has visited the site and the manager there and has got the info..

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

gopi, if my memory serves right there was this discussion sometime last year, and i also saw the working of the booking amount and the discount and the actual apartment cost..

there is something different going on.. check out their website..it is just like school admission 2000 people book, and 100 get allotted, and the builder will enjoy the 1900 people's booking amount for a long time without interest.. i don't see anything else going on here..

6. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Which website are you referring to? Is it: SSM Builders and Promoters ?

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes..are they both not one??

because the documents talk about parents, staff and others in the allottment application?

8. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Went to the site (school) last week.. They have their office there itself.. They have two different discounts..

Option 1:
    Pay Rs.350/- per sq ft up front and get the statutory charges free.

Option 2:
    Pay 50% upfront and get remaining 50% as discount.

More than 3000 flats are coming up.. My doubt is how come they can complete this work within 3 years?!

9. Akisha

Akisha New IL'ite

Anyone booked a flat here???? How is the area??? Ground water??? When are they planning ro start construction??? Please give me ur views????

10. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Construction will start in 3 months.. It is a good place.. 3kms from Perungulathur Station and there is a proposed 150 feet road which connects East Tambaram intersects this project..