discuss area and projeccts - medavakkam

Discussion in 'Housing' started by gayatri.kartik, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sowmya,

for us to come to that decision, did take 6 months of oscillations, thought known person. we knew the project was on the run in october 2009, we said yes in febru...and still thinking..

i feel, that these kind of decisions should not be impulsive, and also i particularly feel, that the place that is yours will feel a YES even at the first instance..many may not agree, but i have gone round and round and will land with the one that felt YES at the first instant..:spin.

I would say look at other projects in the area, if you are interested in the area or invest in a plot and build your dream house later. Even i would say you have the cash, buy two, sell one later and build your dream house on the one you retain..

2. KBLM

KBLM New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Iam new to chennai and planning to buy a plot in medavakkam.Could any one can tell me the rates and how good this area to buy a plot.
    actually i had a plan to buy in Sivagaminagar/Rajanagar in medavakkam.
    they are telling that 2900/sqft in those areas.whether i can go ahead and buy a plot for that rate????
    If i buy a PLOT in Medavakkam (Sivagaminagar/Raja nagar) today.Shall i expect it to RESALE by 2015?if so How much i can expect it?since i have plan to buy a land and construct it according to my taste :):) in 2015.
    whether i can buy for Rs 2900/sqft in that area or not??.
    Pls share with me if you have any information/ideas/etc....Because iam planning to give token advance before 1st May 2010......

pls pls pls pls pls plssssssssss give me ur valuable infoooooo

Regards,
    KBLM

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
  3. platha

platha New IL'ite

Thanks Honeybee. I guess the approach from Kovilambakkam is good than from the Tambaram road.

4. Nirmal stanes

Nirmal stanes New IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Thanks for your information. I have checked with Antony associates and as of now they have no projects which will be over by this year. We are thinking to move before this year. And Vasavi - exceeds our budget. Will try for Anu builders and Conceptts..

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

nirmal,
    you are welcome.

there is one project that is nearing completion inside ezhumalai salai..on the chromepet salai.. i am not sure of the builder..i cannot remember right now. but it is a 50 flats..if you don't mind that distance, you can check out there.. foots and inches??..do a legal check on them, i got this on mail. concepts project has reduced its prices for the abinandan nagar project, dont go for the madipakkam project, though it is nearer, it would have water problem, ask them why and don't forget to do a personal legal check.
    and also this location.Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Vasavi- has two projects..one recently launched next to the keelkattalai bus stand.inside..??

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

kblm,

don't be in a hurry. i remember telling somebody here that you can go upto 40/50lacs maximum if the property is a perfect one that 60x40 with all the documents, patta, approval and things. if it is on the 40ft road and things because all this are important later when you construct. the road width determines the maximum floor space index..that is the amount you can construct on a given plot.

even if you were to say 50 lacs, the rate would come to only 2085.at the maximum. 2590 is too high a rate for that area. negotiate. and we are not sure how things will change in 2011 how can we predict 2015. RE bubble is something that you cannot predict. these areas have really appreciated well, from now on maybe a sharp increase may come in if the financial hub at perumbakkam really happens and some major project comes up. otherwise, the areas you mentioned are residential areas, and would appreciate accordingly..nothing sharp like 100% profit. but land value always appreciates.

7. Santhoshi

Santhoshi New IL'ite

Hi ,

I am also looking to buy house in medavakkam area. budget is around 40lacs. Is it good whether to go for an apartment or buying a land & constructing the house on it.

Shanthi Didi,

pls advise me on this. :bonk

8. RadhaDhinesh

RadhaDhinesh New IL'ite

Hi everybody,
    I am new to IL. My name is Radha. I am planning to buy a house in medavakkam. I have come upon a builder recently , he is building some individual houses in ponniamman koil street. He is charging 3000per sqft for the house. It is a 2270 sqft house(g+1) built on a 1850 sqft plot. I would like to know if it is reasonable and worth. I would also like to know how much rent I can expect from that area. I see lot of ppl discuss abt areas like "near ragamallika"...I dont know where this ponniamman koil street is actually located. Is it a good area? (water logging, shops nearby, houses nearby)...My husband and i are confused whether to put so much money into this place. I hear for the same money I could get a similar independent house in areas closer to the city like Thoraipakkam ...Is it true?????I would really appreciate the help

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Platha, does that entrance come under kovilambakkam. i don't think so..even that is narrow according to me.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

You have lots of builders coming up with apartments. you can get a 1800sq.ft of land at 40lacs and to construct a decent 1500sq.ft it would take another 25lacs (inclusive of approvals and other things) it is upto you to check it out. i think somebody here once suggested friends enclave, karthiga foundations/builders check them out. iyou can check out the nanmangalam area that i referred to nirmal, there are lot of builders offering duplex.