Current Sq Ft rates at chennai

Discussion in 'Housing' started by MeenLoch, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sree,

Just an update on the grove, though the location is strategical the road has the drainage water of the neighbouring shantiniketan flats on the road joining the rain water puddle, inspite of the hospital opposite. the construction is going on fast....

2. dasa1234

dasa1234 New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

This thread is very useful to everyone as it gives an idea about various builders and the practical problems faced while buying/selling property.

Can any one please let me know what is the approximate rate per sq. feet for buying a 2nd sale apartment in ashok nagar. I want to buy a flat around 600 sq, feet max.

many thanks in advance

latha

3. Sree82

Sree82 New IL'ite

shanvy,

thanks for the update,have missed the drainage part,i guess drainage should be underground in that area.

4. sowmyaganesh

sowmyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Shanvy,

Can you tell me about VGP Nagar in Pallikaranai. WHat is the SQft rate in that area and is there water logging ?

Also i read in one of your posts earlier that CMDA has made the allocation for car park when one of the respndents said that car park is charged extra, can you please explain that in detail?

Thank you

Regards

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  5. Deep78

Deep78 Bronze IL'ite

Shanthi,

Had been to chennai for vacation. Thinking to buy a piece of land as investment. Went through your thread. My budget is less than 20 lacs. Looks like guduvancherry , maraimalai nagar suits for the budget. What is your guess about those places? Is it worth investing there?

Deepa.

6. harerama

harerama New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I need your help and guidance..
    We are looking around for plot in areas like ullagaram, nanganallur..
    We took a look at a plot in ullagaram which is located 1km form oilmill bus stop.The rate per sqfeet is Rs.2500. They say that MRTS is comming in this area. I just want to cross check the price coz i kind of feel its overpriced.
    I also need info on schools, water facility, drainage facility.

can anybody who have purchased land or flat in this area guide me on this??
    i appreciate ur advice
    thanks

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Latha, A second sale flat cost depends on a lot of parameters. the uds, the location , the number of years. always take a 75% of the current rate as the sq.ft rate if the flat is within 10 years. and 50-60% if the flat is more than 10 years. the value of the building depreciates and only the land (undivided share) appreciates. do not have the exact rate of ashok nagar. last heard about the flats near to jawahar new ones were at 5500 and 6000.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sowmyaganesh,
    Pallikaranai has water logging in most places. VGP Shanthi(?) nagar, is going at 50-60lacs per ground. so do check for the documents, approval and other requisites.

These days cmda has asked for giving a car park if the flat is above a ##sq.ft. you have to make a allocation for a car park. i would have mentioned that they can negotiate on the car park and others since it was a buyers market. but right now the market is slowly picking up. with the cement rate coming down by a considerable 30rs and other raw materials too coming down and on top of the housing loan flexibilities, the negotiation may not be successful now.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Deepa,

there are two things that have to be taken into consideration when looking at land. either you are looking at constructing a house in the near future. and whether it is just a investment. the reason for this, i brought a piece of land, 14 years back, and even today there is no scope for any houses (maybe after 10 more years) but the value has appreciated.

Guduvanchery the area around the gst(-thiruporurur-kelambakkam-triangle has started picking up. there are lot of companies too coming up. guduvanchery you can pick up a ground anywhere from 10lacs-20lacs depending on the action and also the other factors.

Maraimalai nagar, has most of the pocket sold to nris. one of my friends boss commented that if it held for investment purpose it will saturate at one point unless somebody makes a move to start constrcution.

gokulapuram (ford company employees) is a good example of construction and appreciation.

with mahindraworld city up there is appreciation.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Harerama,

If you mean 2500 for land it is right price. even the guideline prices have gone up significantly.

the two areas nanganallur/ullagaram are complete dry. there is acute water shortage for at least 5 months. drainage is being laid you have lot of schools. dav adambakkam, modern, st.augustine(ICSE), new price, vyasa matriculation schools. yes the mrts rail links ullagaram to adambakkam .
    and the road that links velachery to gst. you can cross nanganallur at meenam hotel (GST) into velachery within 15 minutes.

ullagaram oil mill has appreciated a lot. today a new flat comes from 3000/3500 depending upon the builder.