Current Sq Ft rates at chennai

Discussion in 'Housing' started by MeenLoch, Sep 1, 2007.

1. av0608

av0608 New IL'ite

Thanks Shanthi

Lakshmi

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

lakshmi

you are welcome. all the best for your investment.

3. radhakarthik

radhakarthik Senior IL'ite

hi shanti,
    thanks for ur response, the main thing i wanted to know was the square feet rate (average) what everybody is charging, for eg, if i need to buy a semi-independent house of about 1500sq.ft built in in a land area of around 1750sq ft in the very beginning of neelankarai (nice residential locality) how much approx it will cost me, say it is a second hand house. your immediate response would be highly appreciated.
    thanks once again

radha

4. vanichandra

vanichandra New IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,
    I read many posts on this forum and commend you for the insight & feedback.

I am planning to buy a Plot on Vandalur-Kelambakkam Road (10Km from OMR & 9 KM from GST). It is 795/sq ft, and am wondering if the price and area are good. The ad says that the housing scheme (by a Co-Op Society) is at Mambakkam. And how reliable are these Co-Op Societies?

Vani

5. Bullu

Bullu Senior IL'ite

I cant assess the value of the property whether it is worth or not. But Co-op Society in general are reliable and the document / title may be clean. Also, you can save something on registration charges. You better conduct site visit and confirmt the developments in the neighbourhood.

6. sridharvijji

sridharvijji Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your suggestion Shanti.We decided to go for DLF.
    Love
    Sridharvijji

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi radha,

From the way you described i interpreted as two things. one may be you have the above mentioned property and are trying to guage the value/ two that you have zeroed in on a property and are checking out the value.

Because sometime back there was one ilite who did the same, asking what would be the cost and later i saw an ad for selling.

Anyways looks a tempting one. how much are they quoting.

I did not write this to hurt you..just voicing my interpretations.....

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

As Bullu says most co-op societies work out fine.but there is a dark sheep in everything. the area is buzzing with development. the area is good with lot of scope for development. the particular pocket has many politician owning land, so being cautious is the key. check out the layout, the approvals, the chitta papers, EC and everything before contemplating. the rate looks reasonable (and if you can negotiate for a 50/75 rs down per sq.ft) but i would say you can check few more people for the same area before finalising.

All the best.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Viji,

You are welcome. Congrats on your finalisation.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Last week, i was out on selaiyur road and came across this pace builders construction adjacent to JAINS Abhishek, selaiyur. anybody who could not get your hands on jains could check them out. the location is good just a few feet off the main road, with schools,colleges and markets in the vicnity, this should be tempting.

Heard from one of the builder friends kamarajapuram, on the same road the flats are quoted at 3000rs/sq.ft.

I had a shock when i visited nanmangalam (i mean the area around the panchayat office) on the same run. the area is buzzing with projects. though it is almost 1 km inside from the medavakkam main road, the area is crowded with projects. the water level being good is the best point.