Current Sq Ft rates at chennai

Discussion in 'Housing' started by MeenLoch, Sep 1, 2007.

1. preetho

preetho New IL'ite

Hi ILites,

Recently me and my hubby went on a spree for houses in Guduvancherry and Urapakkam. We found one very good property called "Desh" by "Arun Excello". The project is almost completed and hand over is by June 2008 i belive. The construction is extremely good and the sq.ft rate they quote is 3100/- per sq.ft. The houses ranges from 1270 sq.ft to 1700 sq.ft. Each flat is extemely spacious and very well costructed and its on the main highway to Thindivanam, in Urapakkam, some 2 km before SRM University.

People interested can visit their site and they have a site office there itself.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Preetho,

Desh project kicked of in 2006..and u still have apartments not booked. when the project was lauched i think it was offered at 2500...appreciation is ok sort of ..but u don't exactly have any good school in the vicinity..it is not exactly in urapakkam..it is almost edging outof urapakkam.. SRM is in kattankulathur...

Did u book in it..but i think u are thinking of bangalore outskirts...isn't it..i saw your qeustion in the loans thread...will answer that tomorrow...

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hey guys wanted to actually show this to you...but was kind of busy with other things...

Have a look at this news clipping and this is what i have been talking about when i talk about the marshlands in this thread..u can check my discussing this long long back...almost in august/september 2007...and if u want more google on water contamination and solid waste m anagement on the omr belt or perungudi....

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : What we get is contaminated water, say Thoraipakkam residents
    The Hindu : Property Plus — Chennai : The beauty of landfill park
    The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : “Curb discharge of sewage into open spaces”

(Don't say OMG..this is going to spread...there is contamination spreading)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  4. sraghu

sraghu New IL'ite

Buying Flats in Hiranandani Palace Gardens

Can anyone advise if it is worh buying flats in Hiranandani Palace Gardens coming up on the state highway SH-59 connecting GST Road and Bangalore Highway. The present rate is 3250 per sq ft. It is located 10 Kms from Singaperumal Koil railway station.

Thanks

5. beenas64

beenas64 New IL'ite

Preetho,
    I am happy that `Desh' interests you. But let me share certain observations I have on the project.
    1. The location is up coming and good. It has definitely good appreciation potential in the future. But the building foot prints are too close to the main road. With NH45 going to become busier than ever, all the road facing flats will be at a distinct disadvantage.The constant road noise will increase stress levels and force you to keep the windows shut all the time.
    In fact, considering the burgeoning traffic, it is always better to keep away from the main roads. Those are for commercial development. Properties which are inside but with a good access to the main road are far more preferable.
    2. You say the flats are extremely spacious? How do you substantiate that? Actually I think the design could have been better given the foot print! Example, many balconies are placed in the inner recessesof the building with hardly any view at all.Worse the balconies face each other, in close proximity.
    3.Some of the kitchens do not have utility space and some others have the space away from the kitchen. You have to cut across the dining to reach the utility--That is not good designing at all.
    4. They have placed the Open Space Reservation in the South east corner of the property. It would have been better if the OSR was spread across the broadside of the property and the building lines pushed back.More balconies could then have been designed facing the OSR Gardens.
    5. Since they are so close to completion, ( June 2008 do they have good choices left?
    6.Do they allow any personal customisations? Closer to the hand over, developers become very touchy about such adjustments.
    7. Like Shanthi said, I am not too sure about the supportive infrastructure like schools, hospitals etc in the locality.( Doesn`t SRM University have a medical college and hospital?)
    Let me tell what I felt nice about the project.
    1. The all included price of Rs 3100/- looked reasonable to me.
    2. Arun Excello is a no nonsense developer- generally friendly.
    3.That the project is getting handed over in June 2008 is also a plus point.At least you do not have to worry too much about Pre Emis. ( Contrary to popular opinion I strongly feel schemes like `Pre- EMI -borne- by- the- developer are quite dangerous to the buyer, developer and the bank.) Are they sticking to their time lines?

Beena

6. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Can someone tell me the rate per sq ft in and around the Kendriya Vidyalaya area in Madambakkam? Also Sudarshan Nagar in Madambakkam.

7. laxmi_k

laxmi_k New IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

I was going through this thread & it is very useful for us. Me & my husband are planning to buy land ( & construct it later) in Nanmangalam. The location was suggested by my relatives.
    Not quite sure about the current rates, Please let us know if you have any info on this. Also if you know any project for Independent House/Flats that is in progress in Nanmangalam, from reliable builders, kindly suggest.
    What is your opinion about the appreciation in this locality in coming years? I hear prominent builders are providing 15-20% discounted rate due to oversupply... pls throw some light on this.

Thanks
    Lakshmi

8. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,
    Can you please help me to check this out? Do you think it is a good area (strictly for investment only). My friend is trying to promote this in Dubai.

Thanks & Regards
    USHA

"Copacabana" is on the off beach side of ECR Road it is located 45th km from Chennai and 9 km before Mahabalipuram ,has plot of 2 grounds each,
    Rs 23 lakhs per ground.
    "Surf N Sands" is on the beach side of ECR Road it is located on the 82nd km from Chennai and 22 km from Mahabalipuram, has plots of 2 Grounds & 4 Grounds. 2 Ground Plot costs 6.8 lakhs per ground and 4 Ground plot costs 6.3 lakhs per ground.

9. sugan2008

sugan2008 New IL'ite

Dear All,

As i was discussing we found 1 gnd in neelankarai and planning to build a flat..it is coming around 32 L (850sqft UDS with 950 sqft plinth area) onlty 3 flat G+1(2 flat) if anybody interested mail me..for further information.

only one unit is avaliable as one of my colaugue had issue to arrange money and loan , he has withdrawn.

It is urgent

Regards
    Suganthi

10. sasisenthil

sasisenthil New IL'ite