ISHA YARA - Medavakkam - Chennai

Discussion in 'Housing' started by gboomba, Jul 13, 2010.

1. gboomba

gboomba New IL'ite

Hi,
    Let's use this thread exclusively for sharing and clarifying all details regarding ISHA YARA in Medavakkam Chennai

I see there are few other threads in this forum that disucss about this project but since they are general threads (related to apartments in Medavakkam and housing loan related stuff) the essence of discussion is moving away from the topic of our interest.

We have booked an apartment in Isha Yara. Below are few points of my concern about Isha Yara at this stage

1. I know they are a reputed builder but I am little bit disappointed by the fact that they are delaying the agreement process. Any comments on this? Such a big builder should have his ways to move stuff in government office, isn't it?

2. We should form a group or something to keep updated and stay united when it comes to negotiating with the builder. Can anyone let me know if there is a group already? Or I can create one. Membership can be on the basis of verifial of scanned copy of initial advance.

3. I see there are little bit of revisions in the floor plans. I booked an apartment in L block and I see the Balcony size has been decreased from 11*4.5 to 11*3.9; We loose 4.5 sqf now. I should chk this for all the other rooms. I feel these things should not be encouraged. Afterall our % of capet area is getting hit though price is not reduced due to such changes. Any comments?

4. We should get proper papers on the planned amenities. No plans are shared in this regard at the time of booking. Also I see a big Well in the Joggers track path!?!

5. Also we should have clear writting on the maintenance cost in future. We should address scenarios about handling maintenance defaulters in future.

6. I feel like every things is nice with Isha Yara except a swiming pool that is missing. Should we all join together and talk to the builder?

7. Raised foundation is one more important point we can discuss to the builder. This would definitely be great at the time of Rain.

8. Down the line we all should join and put a letter to Panchayat for proper access roads to Isha Yara. Also we should ask Panchayat office to stop drinking water extraction by water lorries from the Vadakupattu area. I know people of Pallikarani area who did such a thing

9. We should verify the document points before we sign. I know a friend who formed a group with all buyers in his apartment before agreement signing and made the builder agree to pay for the delays in construction from the promised date. Its important we have all important points in agreement and we can get it done only if we are together

2. vnk

vnk New IL'ite

Hi,
    Excellent post.You have covered all the major concerns/issues.
    Some one created a Google group but no activities in it.

I think people who have booked yara should start discussing about the issues now rather than waiting till the project is approved. The exact floor plans etc
    will be available once approved.

Thanks

3. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

hi
    good thread..

we have booked a house in J-block..

Please for a group so that we can have discussions there...

4. aadu

aadu New IL'ite

Hi All,
    we too have booked a flat there .Really concerned about the delay in the approval process. yes, definitely we need to open an exclusive thread for isha yara.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

I was wondering why the approval is not yet here. i did see some activity last week, from the main road, but don't know if it in this project.

you can all discuss, every detail pertaining to this project here, as long as you are not giving phone numbers or id. it would help many of the silent members, who may have booked in the same.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

gboomba,

Valid points raised.

all your points can be addressed only after seeing the cmda approval.

the changing of the room sizes have become a norm these days in many projects.

do not ask for the maintenance charges in writing, ask for guidelines for the society to be framed. the corpus fund should take care of the registration of the society and big maintenance in the future.

just a loud thought process on the maintenance..take for example i have a 1500 sq.ft flat and just 3 of us in it, and there is another 900 sq.ft flat and the members in it could be 6 of them, but when the maintenance is charged on the sq.ft, I lose while the other person gains, again we cannot go for maintenance depending on the members..maybe a straight slab of 500 rs/1000rs.. what do you all think.

swimming pool becomes hard to maintain, and the maintenance cost will be high, though the location of the yara area, right now does not have any water issues, what happens if there is a water shortage.

this is what i would tell, look into the quality of the materials used for constructions, the electrical wiring, the sump, the septic tank (there is no drainage right now..though there is all possiblities of it being taken care of before the time of completion,)

water irrigation is a cause for concern in the area but has reduced considerably..

raised foundation, you definitely have to watch for this one as it is a area with a lake and the chances of the lake being filled in the rainy season is very very high at present and also the roads will be on a higher level..

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  7. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Shanvy
    Was prompted to reply to your post..
    Hope you are doing good. Updates from my side.. well yet to take a solid step.Confused me...We have temporarily shelved the investment plan.:rotfl

I support your thought.. a flat/uniform maintenence fee for all.I don't agree with the concept "rate per sq ft".No association/builder does internal maintenence. The amenities,security and other maintenence issues are common for all residents.
    We implemented the straight slab rate as soon as the association was taken over by the residents and it's going smoothly.

BTW it depends on what dominates.. the no of 3 br units or 2.
    Going by your example.. a flat rate of 1200 would be ideal.

regards
    Sowmya

8. vnk

vnk New IL'ite

The due date for project approval is getting extended every month since April.I would not be surprised if they don't have approval till September.
    Most of the builders are playing this tactic of collecting big amount from
    customers and keep them waiting.

Isha has converted few 2-bed blocks to 3-bed(K,L,M,N).So this could also contribute to the delay in getting approval. The reviews from signature villa owners looks Isha is very good at implementing changes based on customer feedback.

9. rpvardhini

rpvardhini New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

We have also booked a flat in Isha Yara in L Block. Gud that you have started a thread on it so that we can share our views.

Yes, the date from project approval has been extending month by month right from May month... But we haven't heard any latest updates from the builder regarding the approval.

And I too consider that a raised foundation is very important since Isha Yara is just opposite to the lake...

If I understand it right, from the handing over the maintenance will be taken care of the builder for one year, for which we need to pay them based on sq. ft rate which is already agreed with them. And within that one year period, the builder shall form an association and from then on, as per the decision made in the association, the maintenance will be charged... So, in that case we have chance to see how this sq. ft rate works out and if need be we can discuss in the association change the method as per our convenience.... Any views??

Rgds
    Vardhini

10. gboomba

gboomba New IL'ite

Hi,
    I totally agree with you on this Maintenance point. It does not make sense at all to charge maintenance for common ammenities based on Sqft. Don't know who started this idea. But Maintenance based on number of members in each flat should be ideal. Why you think that is not appropriate? Please let me know your thoughts.
    Straight Slab also looks to be fine.