1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Coming to Oxford Arms edison

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by sarandinesh16, Mar 25, 2013.

1. sarandinesh16

sarandinesh16 New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I am moving to Oxford Arms (Building 16) on 5th April 2013. I am from Chennai and can speak Tamil, Telugu and English. I have a 3.5 years old daughter.

Looking for friends.

2. JeyaEdison

JeyaEdison Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

I'm looking to move to Oxford Arms soon. I speak Tamil, Telugu & English. I'm a housewife. Looking forward to make some friends.

I inquired in the leasing office, and they they some units beside the leasing office, not sure which number. How are the units close to leasing office? It looks kind of old from outside comparing to the opposite leasing office units. Any suggestions would be valuable, like are there any units which I should stay away from? (bug/insects issues etc)

Any local moving trucks suggestions?

Please contact me through private messages. You can sign up for

private messages here -
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/payments.php

I won't be checking this website as frequently as my personal email :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
  3. sarandinesh16

sarandinesh16 New IL'ite

Hi Jeya,

Eppadi erukinga ? :)

My husband did lot of research and finally decided to go with Oxford arms. My apt is also near to leasing office, though the buildings looks old, but inside they are not. Also, management is good and this is one of the apts in Edison township which has a good ratings. Stacy, the managment person is a nice lady as far as I know.

But end of the day it's your call. what i have heard is that this is a safer locality. They provide shuttle service to Edision station as well.

Good luck. in case you come to Oxford Arms, reply to this thread here. Atleast I will have a company :)

Thanks
    Saran

4. JeyaEdison

JeyaEdison Bronze IL'ite

Hi Saran, nalla irukirom thank you..:)

I did a lot of research too...and found out it had more amenities comparatively. I posted the same message in one more thread "Oxford Arms Tamilians". we're not being notified via email that we received a message, and email address are being discouraged in this forum.I'm planning to move by early May, will definetely keep in touch. Not sure how to send you email address or contact numbers, since it was removed in my previous post.

Thanks for the info btw. :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  5. sarandinesh16

sarandinesh16 New IL'ite

Hi Jeya,

just post your reply to this thread once you are here. Then we can figure out how to meet. Anyway, in May, I guess, we will tend to meet lots of indian in the evenings in the park.

Good luck.

6. JeyaEdison

JeyaEdison Bronze IL'ite

Just read after posting 10 posts, we can send Private msgs. :)
    Just discovered this site, sooo many interesting topics, but people are not active anymore, or I'm not looking at the proper postings :).

So Saran, hows the Move prep going on? I'm sure u're busy, cleaning, packing etc.

7. sarandinesh16

sarandinesh16 New IL'ite

actually, I am still in India and my flight is on 5th.All the work is done by my husband :(.. he wants to setup things before we even come so that we enjoy from day 1.

8. JeyaEdison

JeyaEdison Bronze IL'ite

I guess yo guys are newly married, my wishes for u guys to Enjoy from Day 1 :) Good Planning.

9. sarandinesh16

sarandinesh16 New IL'ite

your guess is wrong :) :)... we got married in 2008 and was in US between 2008 and 2010. I have a 3.5 years daughter who was born here.

10. JeyaEdison

JeyaEdison Bronze IL'ite

Ohhh so not from Day 1 then :) :), regardles of that still wish you well and happiness, have a safe trip.