1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Best place in Bay area to live.

Discussion in 'Housing in Bay Area' started by deepanair, Jan 30, 2009.

1. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

Hey All,

My husband and I are looking for a nice place in the Bay area . We are in San fran right now but planning to shift soon. This is what we are looking for-

Bart accessible
    Proximity to SF
    With a good indian community around

Any Suggestions?

Deepa Nair

2. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

Welcome to Indusladies!

California always brings back fond memories for me..especially Pleasanton. We lived in Pleasanton,CA for many years before moving to Virginia.

Since you are looking for a place close to BART and good indian community also, Dublin,Pleasanton and Fremont are good places. Pleasanton has a very good school district too.

Good luck!

Cheers
    Krithika

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  3. Kayree

Kayree New IL'ite

hi deepa,
    my first post here...and glad to find a fellow fransiscan.as krithika said dublin,pleasanton,san ramon ,fremont are all well connected to bart with indian communities....and to some extent union city and walnut creek.i live close to dublin and will be glad to help if you need inputs to this area.
    good luck.
    rekha

4. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Sunnyvale is really nice too. Big Indian community - lots of Indian grocery stores, restaurants etc. Great weather too and centrally located. On the downside, apartment rents are very expensive.

5. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

hi,
    we live in san jose. good place to stay. u can considr it as an option

6. mamsumu

mamsumu New IL'ite

hi deepa.

I m living in pleasanton and here are some communities where u will get everything u have mentioned. And moreover pleasanton is very beautiful and peaceful area to live in.:)

7. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

My choice would be either santa clara or Fremont (I'm living and have lived in both these cities). Santa Clara is good in about indianized neighborhood and accessibility of grocery shops and freeways like 101/237/280. Fremont (especially warmsprings/mission area) is equally indianized, and the best part is the area itself is beautiful. With the backdrop of hills and pleasant breeze, you will enjoy staying there. They have decent amount of Indian shops and pretty good schools. Whatever place you choose, make sure you dont end up commuting a lot, and wasting time on traffic. Otherwise only frustration remains.

-Uma

prachia7 likes this.
  8. joyusk

joyusk New IL'ite

We are looking for a 1 bedroom apartment in Sacramento (Natomas, Roseville, Folsom, Rancho cordova) safe neighborhood with Indian community less than $1000. with good public transportation. Please let me know if there is any apartment name you know. Thank you

9. kavitha713

kavitha713 New IL'ite

Hi, I will be coming to San Ramon on 24th May. Would need your help in finding a 1bedroom apartment at a Indian community. Since my husband will not be working for 6 months till he gets EAD I will have budget constraint. Will be able to afford 1000-1200 USD . lesser also fine

I have a 8 months old kid as well.

So what i am looking for is an apartment which is :
    1. Affordable with a single salary
    2. Nearby Day care
    3. Hospital
    4. Park
    Was wondering if there is public transport to 5000 executive parkway (My office) & shopping mall etc

10. aarthizone

aarthizone Silver IL'ite

Hi
    My choice is also pleasanton. I have been here for 2 yrs and I like this place very much. Dublin also good