Getting the basic interiors done in a 3 Bedroom flat.

Discussion in 'Housing in Bangalore' started by deepanair, Mar 8, 2012.

1. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I am looking for some information regarding getting the interiors done for a 3 Bed flat on Whitefield road. Since this would be rented out, I am looking for very basic interior work. Any advice regarding how and what all to get done and also the approximate costs involved?

I would love to hear from others who have rented their flats out too.

dee

2. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

I have rented out my house in Chennai. I was supposed to go there but before handover my Dh moved to US, hence I rented it out. This is what I did.

-> I had put the electrical fittings all fancy lights, tubelights, fan, exhaust fan etc, so the person who is there did not touch any electrical fittings.

-> I had the shelves ready in rooms, I did not put doors for cupboards was not sure how the rented people will keep it, hence I had options to put curtains, if they need it, in the cuboards.

-> In kitchen, the top layer has the cupboards and the side shelves again did not put the doors, but made sure that the provision for mixie, grinder and fridge are made properly like I would use it.

-> Curtain rods in the windows, shirt hanging provision in the bedrooms.

-> Before renting out the house I did ask the person going on rent where do thay need nails or what provision, I made sure of all that have strictly told them not to put unnecessarily any nails on the walls or doors and no changed with out any itimation to us. My parents had this issue, the people had put nails on the teak doors and all over the house it was really painful and had to remove all nails and again do lot of work to correct that, I remember counting about 40 nails in the living room alone.

-> a fancy mirror above the washbasin and a light there, towel hanging options near that and in bathrooms.

-> a small showcase in the living room.

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks
    Malar

3. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

Thanks Malar,

Your reply was very helpful.