Please give me your opinion about Sterling Villa Grande

Discussion in 'Housing in Bangalore' started by priya78, Jan 9, 2012.

1. priya78

priya78 Bronze IL'ite

Its in whitefield just opposite to Saibaba ashram and very close to Dps whitefield school.There are 241 villas in 36 acres and 40000sqft clubhouse and man made lake.we visited the model villa it is extremely good but the price is high they are asking nearly 2.2 cr for 3000sqft villa.The launching price was somewhere 1.8 in a year it increased so much.There are somebad reviews about one of their project but when we enquire they said it was during downturn they were not able to make their promises.But now for these villas they have tied up with HDFC bank and we dont need to pay EMI till possession just need to pay the booking amount looks very temptive.We looked so many projects in that area but not satisfied.Proposed metro project is there.Very confusing please provide your idea.

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    I have not heard about theproject, but one line in your post prompted this reply.

So what will happen if such a downturn happens(God forbid) before completion of this project? Will the work quality be not good? Also is it like you just have to pay the booking amount and rest of the amount on posession? Also enquire them what are the cancellation procedure if at all you want to cancel your booking.

And IMO, its always better to go to nationalized banks for home loans than private ones. They charge a high rate of interest and there is no RTI provision since its private.

3. priya78

priya78 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Ami as you say there are so many risks involved not only with this builder but with everyone.Since HDFC bank is in 50/50 partnership in this venture I hope even if severe recession strikes it won't turn very ugly JUST MY THOUGHT

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi, yeah thats there.But I would suggest to check how you would have to pay them. I guess most of the builders,if the property is under construction, on receiving the booking amount sends a demand letter to the buyer when the construction progress to next stage.Thus they can fund from the buyer and the rest from the bank.
    Also before buying ,may be you can ask them for all the legal papers and get it checked by a lawyer. But not sure whether they will give it to you before booking. Thats why I said if you find any negatives you might want to cacnel the booking and so its better to know the process of cancellation.

But as you rightly said, buying a property /flat involves its risks. And only being pro-actively checking out all possible things is the only option:)

5. priya78

priya78 Bronze IL'ite

6. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

Priya,

A few things you can look into before buying property in Bangalore:

- Approvals from BDA/BBMP. These are civic authorities and every builder should ideally have approvals from them. Please note, Bank approvals are different from BDA/BBMP approvals. Like Ami mentioned above, getting loans from nationalized banks is always a better idea, though time consuming and cumbersome - but atleast the paper work will be thoroughly scrutinized by nationalized banks.
    - Quality of construction - you will have to personally check out a few of their past projects.
    - Reliability - how soon they completed their past projects and if they delivered what they promised. Now this can be tricky, as even Tier 1 builders like Adarsh, Sobha etc have had delivery and quality issues with some of their projects. So there is no sure shot garuntee.

Regading Villa grande - I do not have any feedback, except that I read somewhere that the area was a lake bed once and tends to flood in heavy rains.
    The price in this area is high as Whitefield area has lots of villa projects of Prestige, Chaitanya, Adarsh, Skylark, MIMS etc. Even the resales in some of the older villa communities is very high - someone I know bought a villa in 10 Downing for 2cr+.

hope this helps!

7. priya78

priya78 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much for a details analysis pamela

8. pr100

pr100 New IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    I am planning to relocate to Bangalore soon. I am also interested in this project. Can you please provide some info related to project?
    How is the location? Is that area safe? What was the price of 3BHK? Is it negotiable? Anything you didn't like the project?

Thanks,
    preet

9. kumar1234

kumar1234 New IL'ite

I have bought one for myself and can confidently tell you that this is one of the good properties in bangalore in this price range.
    currently, the construction is going on in full speed and they are very likely to meet their Dec'13 target. i can say this because i visit the site regularly.
    It's on the main road and currently the area is not completely developed. However, there are around 3k-4k (maybe even more) flats being developed in this locality and hence in the next couple of months, you will have everything closeby in the locality itself. every few days we see some new shops/restaurant opening up.
    The project is really good. However, a word of caution, the sales team is not that great. You will realize when you interact with them. However, if you can see through this period (negotiation>sale...), you will definitely not regret buying this property.
    The best thing about the property is the villa design (private garden, lot's of sunlight/wind along with excellent finish/quality material. ofcourse, the amenities and the lake are the icing on the cake...:)

10. priya78

priya78 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Preet Sorry for the late reply as Mr .Kumar pointed out all the positive points I dont have more to say.Its an excellent project and I am sure they will handover the project as promised.