1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Enough of celebrity homes - let us share our homes and decorative items !

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Sabitha_K, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

I have turned blase to these celebrity homes now with luxurious carpets, expensive upholstery and squeaking bath accessories.

I do not want to see any more of them as they all look SAME now ..

Come and share the pics of your abode ..your prized possessions which you have saved from preying cousins and siblings over all these years.Travelled great distance to hand pick and bargained smartly to get the best deal.

Share any pics of your favourite furniture, toy collections ,antique or unique showpieces, once-in-a-lifetime poster which adorns your wall.

Upload the picture of your decorated home, lounge , bedroom, study ,kitchen or even the bathroom if you dare.

Invite us virtually to your homes by sharing the pic or describing that inanimate thing which animates you whenever you look at it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
    1 person likes this.

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

These are some of my stash which I was able to save over the years having lost many,most of them are souvenirs and gifts from friends.The soft toys are all gifts.

The Burger softie is my favourite and has travelled 3 countries in 10 years !

King Tut and Nefertiti busts from Egypt, Eiffel tower model, Rome colosseum model,DDLJ ishtyle bell from Swiss and toys figurines from Germany and Belgium.

Not a grand collection ..but eagerly waiting to see the great lengths that my fellow ILites have gone in making their house a home.

7 people like this.
  3. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Some pics of my place where I grew up and my mom still regularly does the dusting of these toys ..

The batman softie in the third snap is my all-time favourite and it is becoming more difficult to protect with growing nieces and nephews in the family.:rant:rant

The balcony where I used to chant before my exams ..and my mom was one being who could never throw away plastic !

11 people like this.
  4. shobatharun

shobatharun Senior IL'ite

5. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Shobatharun,

Thanks for visiting.Please no mam..gives me the creeps that late twenties is really old that everyone is calling me mam :spin:spin:spin:drowning

Take care..

6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha dear, :wow:wowand:wow
    I simply love the pic of the soft toys. I was scanning each of the cuties .
    your home is beautiful.
    Incidently only today morning, I suddenly was admiring a Teddy of mine, and was taking pic of it with two cushions on its sides :-D.
    Will show them in a day or two. Its taking time to upload.

I really love this idea of virtually inviting and getting invited to each others' homes :clap. Thanx a bunch for it.

bye..will be back soon

7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Hey Saras,

I am eagerly waiting for you to upload the pic ..:cheers:cheers.
    Upload anything that will remind me of you next time I shop looking for a softie :)

The truth is no matter how beautiful , messy , big or small ..we still love our home and I am glad that you like this thread.

8. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Sabitha,

Wow !! Your home is indeed beautiful !!
    I love teddies and softies ( in general) !
    Hugs to all softies there !

Here is my Collection :

Attached Files:

9. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Oh my gosh , Gowri..they are so chweeetttt !

The Koala bear and panda are adorable.

You have a very nice collection.Thanks a lot for sharing ..I just loved all those pics.

Those glittering balls that Koala is holding are very beautiful.The Panda bear looks so innocent urging the onlookers to give a warm hug during this harsh winter.I am definitely after this Panda now..must have for this Christmas.:banana:banana:banana

You have decorated your living room so well !!! I better go and spruce up my messy hall.

10. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sabitha,

Thanks thanks.... Hi fi for you !! :cheers
    I am having a huge collection back home !! This is my collection here in my short stay (that too in a Studio apartment)......still I am searching for some more !! :hide::hide:
    I know my daughter will take charge of these softies very soon !! :)

About Panda... for the same reason, we used to go to the Zoo and see them. At last, my husband gifted me one !!
    Age or Profession....is not a barrier for softies !!:thumbsup