1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Clear the Clutter

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by skchivukula, Dec 18, 2009.

1. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Its time to say Goodbye to 2009 and welcome 2010 with new hopes.
    Its the holiday season and all are busy shopping and decorating homes for the new year
    I think its easy to buy when there is a whole lot of products available in the market at discount rates and stuff the house. In my opinion 'antar suchi' (internal cleansing) is a very important process in home -decor.
    Many a times we ignore the clutter that is being stuffed in the home. Its not that we don't know, but sometimes we are so busy in purchasings and we wll be in a good mood to celebrate the New Year that we just don't give much importance to clutter clearing,
    We can spend some time in getting rid of the old stuff that we don't use/need anymore and these stuff can be useful to some needy people. I had an old 2-in-1 alongwith many cassettes which I never used. When I was in India, once while cleaning up my house, our tailor came to my house for some work, saw this radio (2-in-1) and asked for it as he didn't have one. I thought it was a good way of getting rid of the unwanted stuff and I gave it to him (free). Similarly I gave my unused VCR to the cable bill-collector, two side tables to our watchman. I gave my old mixer and old storage containers to my servant-maid. I could see the happiness in their faces and gratitude in their eyes.
    And of course old clothes, as you all know how to dispose off, I need not mention it here.
    Clearing the clutter or giving away the unwanted stuff to the needy people drives away the negative vibrations from the home and enhances positive vibrations to flow in (as per fengshui). At the same time we feel very happy when we make those needy people happy. Our happiness lies in making others happy.
    Once the clutter is cleared we can decorate our homes as per our tastes and welcome the New Year!

CLEANLINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009

2. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

you are right dear...me too use to give my clothes and my DH..to my maid...they are always happy in getting it from me...i never keep things stuffed for long time..if it is no use for me..then i will clear the clutter..

cheers
    deepu