1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Return gifts for GRUHAPRAVESAM!

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by adara, Nov 2, 2009.

1. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies:

My friend is having her house warming ....Gruhapravesam next month. She wants to give return gifts to the guests. There will be around 30 families.
    There are lot of relatives so she cannot go in for expensive ones. If she spends at least Rs.200 per family then what kind of gift do you think she can get. Sarees ruled out because with that price you dont get good quality ones.
    It can be one common gift for the entire family not individually for each member.
    I am not really up to date with the price and availability of things in India.

Please give some ideas. I know I can get some of the most brilliant ideas here.

Thanks
    Adara

1 person likes this.

2. lavanya505

lavanya505 New IL'ite

silver beetle leaf with silver nut and silver bananas (less than 200$)
    silver flower(can be placed in puja mandir)
    Laughing buddha (this is the best gift.)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    sindmani likes this.
  3. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Lavanya....your suggestions are good.

4. Asha123

Asha123 New IL'ite

Hi,

Any silver item will be appreciated for guests, if u go to any India gold store, u will have any silver articles avaliable in more quantity, u can buy them and give them as a return gifts.

On more Idea, there are gifts in Bath & body work, last time when i went to one GRAHAPRAVESAM Function, since gifts are only for Women of the house u get a pack of shower gel, body loction, body cream, perfume, u can tell them the amout for each gift article and they will get it for u.

Good luck.

5. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Asha for your idea. I think the silver items bought in India would be the best ones instead of carrying stuff from here to India as there are lot of people to gift to.

Adara

6. Deep78

Deep78 Bronze IL'ite

If your purchase is going to be in India,you can visit Giri trading.There are so many gift articles.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
    sindmani likes this.
  7. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

i second Deepa.
    i went in search of gift for navrathri and landed up in getting many new stuffs.
    they have real good collections

8. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Deep, is giri trading in Hyderabad or chennai? My friend is going to Hyd.

Thanks a lot
    Adara

9. Deep78

Deep78 Bronze IL'ite

Oh!sorry! Its in Chennai only.I didnt know that your friend is in Hyd. You can check their website for emailing orders.

10. sudhara

sudhara New IL'ite

Hi Adara,
    I appreciate the suggestion to buy silver items. instead of beetle leaf, nuts and other such things, you can go in for vaasthu lamp which you get in most of the silver jewellery shops. Since most in India believe in Vaasthu, I feel it's best to gift them that or a small divinity pic album of deity. you get it in varied sizes too. that will also be nice. You can also gift a medium sized showcase floral piece in silver. It's vaathu flower again with a multi-colour shades of light that will glow once you rotate the screw placed under the stem. I got a similar gift it attracts everyone dropping into my home. that will be a good choice too.
    Or you can also choose from the wide range of hand carved wooden statues of ganesha or other deity from divinti. it costs you between $53 and $58. (but i want you to check its size). you can log in to their website to know their outlets www.divinit.ca
    all the best
    sudhara

sindmani likes this.