1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

"Best out of waste",support my thread

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by sankasailaja, Feb 17, 2007.

did u like my thread

1. yes

131 vote(s)
    99.2%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hi sailaja

Thank u so much for the ideas given by u with stones /pebbles and also idea which u have given for diyas with the dough is great. Both r good informative ideas.
    If u get any new ideas pl be posted and thanks for sharing.

Bye,

sudha batni...

2. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,
    wonderful ideas. thank you all for sharing it. here is mine..........

if you have saree or dupatta or dhotis(most of the time we give it to the needy and some exchange for utensils) unused take three different colours.

knot them together at one end now start plating it as we plate our hair. now u got like a rope which you have to coil and stitch here and there like tortoise mosquito repellent.

this serves you as door mat you can stitch them in squares or in whichever shape you like.

whenever i fry papads, puri, vada etc i keep them on tava from kadai so that the oil drains in tava which will be consumed while making dosa.

with left over rice grind it with green chillies, jeera and salt without adding water.

make mini balls and keep them on a plastic sheet and let it dry for 1 or 2 days under sun (arisi vadam). store it in air tight container you can deep fry and have.

regards
    vidyasundar

3. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Very useful thread!!
    We can use old discarded cds as coasters...U can stick old decprative cloth on the cds and use them as coasters..
    I saw cd dangler in my friend's house..it was soo gud..
    \Cheers
    Ramya

4. revathijayagopi

revathijayagopi Gold IL'ite

very useful thread. i use old scotch brite (scrubber that we use to wash utensils) to clean my sons white canvas shoes. it is less time consuming and easier to clean , than using a toothbrush or ordinary clothes brush. i also use the old scotch brite to clean the top of my chimney. with little washing liquid the grim and dirt get stuck to it and chimney gets cleaned in a jiffy.

sindmani likes this.
  5. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends seems to be a good thread keep it lively. If your children have scribbled on the walls with sketch or pencil you can remove it using acetone (nail polish remover). Nothing comes to my mind now. rest in next.

sindmani likes this.
  6. bhuman

bhuman Senior IL'ite

Hi.. very good thread... thanks for starting .................. and good posts tooo......
    all the best..

7. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,

very useful thread with nice postings. I also use plastic covers 4 dustbin and liquid soap container to store oil in pooja room.

Cheers,

Priya.

8. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    A very nice thread,

Well I think I can contrubute a few points here.
    1. When you split the milk to make paneer , dont throw away the whey, instead add it to the dough for preparing chapatis and enjoy soft and nutritious phulkas.

2. When your bulbs are fused , dont throw them away. Instead carefully remove the top and convert them into mini plant holders by putting some plants , money plants in them . you can add colourful pebbles and adorn your stairway with.them.

3. Egg shells can be washed clean dried and cloured beautifully in various colours , very attractive colours balanced on a broomstick ot pencils . They look very lovely. Indulge kids into this. You'll be amazed at their creativity!

4.Newspapers can be used to clean glass surfaces and mirrors spotlessly clean . Just sprinkle some water and clean with the newspapers. They clean very well.

Love,
    Devika

sindmani likes this.
  9. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

hi ladies,

this is really wonderfyul topic.Another one for leftover rasam.Mash it in a blender, and add the boiling water while making any uppuma.Reduce water, salt,chilli, accordingly.Tasty uppuma ready!:hiya

10. pushpabp

pushpabp New IL'ite

Woderful thread... we can do so many things form the waste.. Thanx