1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Share your Day

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by preethuanu, Jul 15, 2015.

1. preethuanu

preethuanu Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,

Why dont you share how your day goes ? What all do you do on a day? How do you do your time management, etc. I think it will be interesting to know that. I saw a similar thread in this, but it was few years old. So starting a fresh one...
    :)

1 person likes this.

2. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

Nice Topic...preethuanu...y don't u start first...

3. preethuanu

preethuanu Senior IL'ite

I will share mine first... though this may change...
    This is kind of an ideal day... this doesn't always happen...

I used to wake up by 6 am and do the morning rituals and prepare breakfast...
    Then I do little bit of exercise... Suryanamaskaram..
    Then I will have a cup of tea and will lie beside my baby... she needs to be fed several times while she is asleep.
    Then my DH wake up and get ready for office.
    my DD will get up by 7 am.
    DH will leave at 7:30 am.
    I will play with DD and change her diapers and make food for her.
    By 8:30 am, my maid will come and will feed her. I will go take a bath and have breakfast.
    9 am to 6 pm I have got work.
    After that I will play with my DD again and will feed her , play with her, give her a bath and put her to sleep. Meanwhile my DH will come home and will go for a walk for 30 mins and then we have dinner. These days we are not able to have dinner together as one will have to take care of DD. She is just 8 months. When she is asleep, after some time we also go to sleep. In between we will be calling our parents and all. Also, TV will be switched on the whole time. That's my day. What about yours ?

4. Soch

Soch Silver IL'ite

I getup between 5- 5.30, get into kitchen, will put soaking items, like rice, tamarid for soaking, then freshen up. Starts cooking (Sambhar , Rasam, curry for lunch, most Idly/Dosa & sidedish for Breakfast), by 6.30 most of my cooking will be done. Will wake up my DD, then pack lunch for DD & myself. Get ready to office, leavehome @ 8/8.15. Drop DD to school and me to office by8.30-8.50.

At 3.30-3.45 wil office pick my DD and reach home 4.30. Freshen up & preapare coffee and snacks and login by 5.30 to my office work again. For appa will prepare Wheat dosa & for DD & DH Rice at 8 -8.30. Sometime it will be 9 also based on my meetings. Will have some chat with DD & DH, will ask DD to sleep by 10 and I sleep by 10.30- 11.

Thats my day

5. pinkydarling

Nice preethuanu.. Finally u r enjoying with u r baby...and u r mother hood. Any way congrats for u. You r baby is only 8 months.....so sweet of u and u r baby.

6. pinkydarling

Today I woke up at 6 am, freshen up some time and starts some house hould work like cleaning vessels and floor. In this time prepared break fast and my hubby woke up by this time and starts work outs....after this we both had a break fast And tea as well as .Today break fast is dosa with tomato chutny. And starts preparing food for lunch. To day special in my home is brinjal curry and tomato Pappu. After this whole work I get some time relaxed and chit chat with my hubby and took a head bath and both are ready for going to office. By the time of 10 am I reach the office, in office started as usual discussions and work..
    Office is near to my home..that's y daily I came to home to had a lunch .At the time of lunch me and my hubby is came to home to have a lunch and relaxed few minutes and agian back to work .
    After long work in office....by the time of 7 or 7.30 pm reach the home and freshen up and make a tea to drink and called to my parents and to my mother in law, some time net browsing and chit chat with friends. And for dinner prepared rice only. By the time of 9.30 pm my husband came from office. And we will have a dinner before 10 pm. After dinner i will spend my time with watching TV and chatting friends....after this I will sleep after 11 pm.....This is my day....

7. preethuanu

preethuanu Senior IL'ite

Thank you pinkydarling for the comments and for sharing your routine. Thanks to Soch also. Yeah I am enjoying with my baby though I am working from home... What do you do ?

8. pinkydarling

Haii preethuanu.Iam good know about you. And iam working as a tester, and iam from Hyderabad, staying at Pune..

9. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

I like to join this thread, because every day is going for me more lonely and more lazy.. hope that I will get more interest in my household chores after I start to log my daily activities here..

I wake up at 6.30am, started making coriander rice and vathal for my DH lunch and bf. Since I wake up late today and also, i m out of stock of idli batter, today I prepared only dish for both lunch and bf.. After my DH goes to work, I started watching tv and get so bored so went to sleep till 12, then I had my lunch, again watched movie.. then washed clothes and cleaned bathroom, had bath.. now I lit lamp to god.. again back to internet... my DH called me and said he will come today at 10 pm only.. so no interest in making dinner early.. still my vessels in sink, my washed clothes need to dry..

I know, this is very demotivating post, but i want to get rid of demotivating lazy thoughts, so posted it here, to kick out my lazy and lonely feeling out of myself..

I have many long pending works, loads of clothes to wash (i have to wash by hand, so i cant able to wash all at once), to clean our bedroom shelfs, to clean our kitchen.. to clean our gas stove.. I m logging it here, so I can motivate myself to do..

2 people like this.
  10. preethuanu

preethuanu Senior IL'ite

Hi HakunaMatata,

It's great to know that you have got lot of free time, which many people don't have.
    Instead of postponing things you need to do, why don't we make the things to do fun and finish it...

First, you need to make a to do list of what all things to do tomorrow.
    Food for breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks.
    Try to include something you haven't tried yet - a new recipe.
    Then list other things to do like dusting, mopping, washing, etc.
    And do the chores like you are expecting some guests or wanted to give a surprise for your DH...
    If you have more time, try to clean the shelves, side tables, etc and make your home guests ready.

Will you do it ?

And can you please share your day ?

1 person likes this.