1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Please need help to put the curtain rod

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Swethasri, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

I bought a curtain rod with extension inbetween. My window is bigger one so I need the extension but the problem is in the extension rod one side is open but the other side is not open they gave a option to put the finial in the extension rod also. So I am unable to put the extension rod inside the main rods. Please see the pictures and let me know how to fix this.

Thanks so much! WIN_20150302_142539.JPG WIN_20150302_142605.JPG WIN_20150302_142638.JPG

2. RPVAIL

RPVAIL Silver IL'ite

Hi,

There are couple of different types of curtain rods for extra large window spaces. Since we do not have a make and model, let us start with one type.

What you have is probably an 'Extendable curtain rod'. What it means is, it will have,

(a) A half rod with knob at one end.
    (b) A half rod with knob at one end and an extendable rod built inside.

If that is so, (a) Will have an opening at one end where the extended portion of (b) is supposed to slide in.

If I am not mistaken your photo number 1 shows the opening.

Now coming to (b) as I said, if the extension is build into it, you can pull it out to the required length and insert in the opening provided in (a).

Not too clear from the photos, but it is possible the extension built in (b) may have a silicone ring (or cover) to prevent it from sliding fully in (b) and getting stuck.

I will stop here so you can either confirm what I said above or provide more information so we can work on this further.

3. Swethasri

Thank you so much RPVAIL. Actually photo 1 is the one closed side of extension rod. There are 3 rods, 2 are main rods with knobs. but the extension is one side open so that you can slide the main rod in but how to slide the other side of the main rod because the as shown in the first picture the other side of the extension rod is closed and both rods opening size is same is what I shown in the second pic which I am unable to slide it in.

the third picture is extension rod opening is bigger that the main rod so I am able to slide it in.

4. RPVAIL

RPVAIL Silver IL'ite

Hi,

The first photo, what I am seeing is not a closed end but a recessed opening with some kind of stopper about one inch inside. This tells me that this opening is designed to accommodate a pipe and to stop that pipe from going in too much.

I am sure you would have tried out every which way. If the center 'extension' is designed to be the receiver of main rods on both ends, I don't understand, why it would fit on one side and not on the other.

As I said above, you would have considered all options, but I will ask:

(a) If you are fixing more than one curtain rod, can you rule out the possibility of the rods getting mixed up?

(b) In photos two and three what is the thing at the end of the one of the rods, it looks like a ring or a cap.

5. Swethasri

That white cap is just a soft plastic to avoid damage to the curtain.

the first picture is extension rod's one side which you can screw the knob depending on the size of the window but I am so pissed off with these rods I returned couple of these because of the same problem. I am bought this one in walmart and having the same problem. I bought another rod for my other window long time back the same thing like extension rod has one side closed which means there is a provision which you can screw the knob but both sides of the extension rods slides into the main rod because the extension rods mouth is smaller that the main rods with knob. but this one which I bought today is not like that I dont know what to do.