1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Durable Cushions

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by coolsandy, Mar 19, 2014.

1. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

We have these cushions and pillows that we bought from a mattress'/furnishing stores. The regular ones. But, they tend to loose their grip and tend to get flat. It doesn't really help pummeling it either. These are basically those 12X12 or 16X16 regular cushions that are used for a sofa.

How do you guys manage it? Which brand cushions do you get? Do you make them custom made? What do you ensure is in the filling ? I am willing to shell out a good amount of money if the item is durable.

2. bchandra2008

bchandra2008 Bronze IL'ite

Good amount of money doesnt guarantee quality, atleast in INDIA

I also wanted to change cushions recently; I had these FOAM cushions with pinholes; the vendor charged me a lot of money; initially they were good; very comfortable to sit on ; but in less than two years the cushions started to break; powdered

I changed my cushions recently; went to a sleepwell dealer; had them custom made to suit my sofa set;

Bought Sleepwell Flexi-Puf cushions 40 density (Color code :pink) 21inchesx 20inchx4 inches ht 5 Numbers - each one costs around 650-700/- you can see the price list also for the above specifications; and contact authorised dealer

They are good; till now satisfied

3. mayavindra

mayavindra Silver IL'ite

You should always ask for a high density foam.Sleepwell or M-foam or recron - all these are good brands.

Regards
    Ramya

1 person likes this.
  4. nvathsala

nvathsala Silver IL'ite

We want to repair our sofa .I am living in Coimbatore.Where can be the sofa repaired?Can anyone help me?

5. Vidhe

Vidhe New IL'ite

Cushions used on sofas should have high density foams.....it is not mandatory to go for a big branded company cushions.....as they charge much when compared to the rest. The usage of the cushions decides the life of it....the most the weight put on it regularly will definitely reduce its life. so normally we need to change them on regular basis. Generally these cushions should be changed on yearly.....once in a year unless it becomes shapeless....
    Consult a good furnishing consultant....there are many a good consultants in chennai....