1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Diwali Contest!

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Srama, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear ILites,

Yes, it is that time of the year! Festivals, festivals and more festivals. While the west is busy preparing and getting ready for Halloween and Thanksgiving not to forget Christmas which is a couple of months away but will sneak up on us, in the east, we have had our share of some festivals go by already and now it is time for that big festival, yes the festival of lights, Diwali/Deepavali

So here a contest that is open for all of you from the 28th of October to the 8th of November "Your home sweet home decorations during this Diwali!"

Since we are already into cooler temperatures, I know many Ilites like me here choose to decorate their interiors for the festival. I also know in India with such lovely weather, other ILites are planning on their decorations both inside and outside of their homes.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

May be you chose to adorn your space with lights! May be you have decorated the diyas to display in your home or outside! Even better, may be you chose to display those diyas as part of a lovely rangoli that you you have drawn. Or may be your temple is your sanctuary and so is the place to decorate!

Whatever it is ladies, go ahead and share the spirit with which you have decorated your home sweet home by sharing the pictures here and adding a small write up!

Look forward to entries from all of you and while you get ready to plan and take pictures and enjoy the festive season, here are some points to remember as you post in the contest.

• An IL-ite can post only ONE entry with a picture of their decoration.
    • Photos should not be personal - no pictures of ILites or their family members.
    • Entries should be posted in this thread to qualify. Do not start new threads. No links to threads or personal albums.
    • No direct copy-pasting from external source.
    • Pictures with Facebook, Personal blog details, water marks will be disqualified.
    • Winning entry will be selected by a Panel of judges.
    • For New Ilites who do not have access to upload attachments, please send in your attachments at contest@indusladies.com with the Subject line as: Diwali Contest 2013
      With the attachment, please mention your IL username and the post # in the contest thread wherein you confirmed that you have send the attachment/image at IL contest mail

The doors are now open ladies to showcase your talent and your home. Good luck to all the participants and look forward to a wonderful participation.

Here's wishing all of you a Very Happy Diwali/Deepavali!

10 people like this.

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

SRAMA, lovely contest. waiting for the deco ideas from the ILties.

andal

1 person likes this.
  3. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Hi Srama,

Happy to know about the contest. Still now I am not able to upload any photos in IL in spite of Mathangi Mam's and my DD's help. 2 or 3 times with the help of my DD uploaded the pictures in FB and copy pasted it here. Please help me to take part in this contest.
    Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Gayathri,

I am so sorry you are finding it so hard. This link here should help you fairly easily http://www.indusladies.com/forums/site-help-and-faqs/139541-how-do-i-add-picture.html

If you have followed it and still find it difficult, here's some explanation that can help you.

First, make sure the photos you are trying to upload from your computer are not bigger than 3MB. Check for the size and do some cropping to make them smaller.

Then as you scroll down the window, there is an icon which says "Manage attachments" Click on that.

It will take you to a small new window. There, select files - this will help you choose the picture you want to upload.

Then click on "Upload". If done it should show in the bottom most place of that screen.

Click on the picture (you will see a check mark) and then select insert inline and click on done.

It is fairly simple and I hope to see your Diwali picture in this contest. Best wishes.

2 people like this.
  5. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Dear Srama,

Thank you so much for this kind and helpful information and for your wishes. I would sure try my level best in this contest. Once again many Thanks.

2 people like this.
  6. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

Picture 010..........a.jpg my frontyard is decorated by my dd

11 people like this.
  7. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

20131102_191334.jpg 20131102_195757.jpg

12 people like this.
  8. kkdevi

kkdevi Gold IL'ite

Untitled.jpg

This year, we wanted to try out something different from traditional rangoli.
    We used Rice, Rock salt and Rice powder to draw it.

Happy Diwali to all ILs..
    Take care.

18 people like this.
  9. nvathsala

nvathsala Silver IL'ite

Dear ILs,
    Wish you a very happy & safe Deepavali.....!
    IMG_20131102_045608.jpg

This was our kolam on Diwali day.

13 people like this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you andal! Can't wait either!