1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got Nice/Heavy Pooja Mandir from India??

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by veeramachaneni, Sep 11, 2012.

1. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

We just kept a deposit down to build our new dream Home :) :) :) I am so excited and Happy just to think about it. I know its not a big deal for so many people.But for me I am so Excited.

It will take 6 to 8 months for them to finish the house. So I would like to get few things from India like that Big Pooja Mandir and a nice rocking chair, Ganesh Statues , Tanjore Paintings...etc

I checked Lepakshi Handlooms website. Is there any other things that you would suggest that I might need?? Anything please let me know.

I will add that to my list of things and will buy it when my budget allows.

also Other than Lepakshi emporium, Kalanjali do you know any nice shops?

Did you ever get any furniture shipped from India??

My Dad can go in person buy it and ship it , But I don't know anyone who has done that.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. veeramachaneni

44 Views no Reply :(

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hearty Congratulations veeramachaneni on your nw home :) It is only natural for you te get excited! I do know os some people who got custom built furniture from India! That said, you can bring some heavy lamps to hang down from ceiling, perhaps curtians if you wish, may be a diwan set, tradtional wide bowls which can be used to fill water andfloat lotus etc! There is no end to what you can do - if you have a plan, perhaps it is easier. Like you want one room traditional, one room like this, like that etc, it would become easier. And yes many people I knwo have brought Pooja mantapa from India. You can certainly check out any other state's emporium that are present in your place like Cauvery (Bangalore), Kashmir emporium, Rajasthani emporium etc.

Hope fully this will kick start the conversation! Best wishes!

sindmani and veeramachaneni like this.
  4. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

385922_10150504477544029_1771140359_n.jpg hi vee..
    firstly congrats on your new home..i dont know if anyone got puja mandir from india but i would love to share pic of puja mandir made bye my brother to set up in his new home..
    i thought he ordered this mandir online but was very shocked to know he made it by himslef..he got everything from home depot and lowes nd bells from michaels..they made it from scratch...they polished it with sandpaper too..isn't it beautiful?
    i would like to ask him to make one for me ;)

5 people like this.
  5. veeramachaneni

Thank you Srama. Thank you for letting me know about cauvery and Kashmir emporiums. I never heard of them. I will check them Out.

6. veeramachaneni

Oh so Adorable. He is very Talented. I found online how to build your own pooja mandir as well. Some one posted step by step details but I highly doubt it that my DH will try and finish it. He will start that DIY project and It will always be IN Progress.

Thank you.

7. radhu

radhu Gold IL'ite

hai,
    very good and artistic pooja mandaps are available in baroda and ahmedabad,they too have minakari work and looks unique and awesome, give a try
    radhu

1 person likes this.
  8. PriSweet

PriSweet Silver IL'ite

In case you live near Jersey City, You can also buy it from "Shiv Mandir" shop at JSQ.

9. nagajyothi

nagajyothi New IL'ite

Congratulations on your new home purchase.. any tips?

10. veeramachaneni

Thank you for the reply Radhu. My Family is from Hyd and It may not be possible for us to get from Ahmadabad.
    But I did like some mandaps from Kauvery Handicrafts.