1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Good colour combination for curtains

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Bubuni, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Bubuni

Bubuni New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

We r moving to our new home.Please give me some advice regarding the curtain colours/type which will look good on light yellow coloured wall with bright red colour TV cabinet,light brown colour sofas.Thanks for ur suggestions.

2. Highhort

Highhort New IL'ite

Go for a dark brown and beige combined colored curtains, this suits for your wall and sofa set color.

cheers,
    Vijaya.

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I personally love yellow with white curtains .....the other option is yellow and brown, looks good too. Since you have red cabinet, light brown sofa etc, I would go with white. Infact I have white curtains in a yellow room and love the feel in summers especially.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

The general idea is to bring uniformity in room. When you enter a room, think what you want to be the focal point. If its the TV cabinet (because of the bright color), then you need to have brown curtains. Brown matches with the sofa. If you get yellow curtains or any shade close to yellow, you will see that the curtains blend into the wall. This might not be a good idea because you want focus on windows too. If the focal point is TV cabinet, the brown color is your best bet.

If you want the sofa to be the focal point, then get a red curtain. This way you are alienating one piece of furniture, giving it the attention you want it to get.

I personally think brown would be your color because usually we try to match the sofa with the curtains.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  5. juana

juana Bronze IL'ite

Your walls and sofas are both neutral colours. And I am sure the TV cabinet takes away all the attention......it really depends on what look you're going for and if you want the TV cabinet to be the focal point...If not, then you might want to incooperate red in the rest of the setting.

Since the bright red is a very strong colour it cannot be ignored. You'll have to play around with the colour in the rest of the room. You could either use cushions or a throw on your sofas with just a hint of red in them. For instance rust and red or light brown and red. This would make the colour red spread out in the room and take away the attention from the cabinet. You could pick the dominant colour from the cushion/throw for your curtains.

You could also do black curtains with a red floral print. Black curtains look classy.

You might also want to try alternating solid colour curtains in brown and red.

Good Luck !

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010