1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

how to control slepp

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by manodevi, May 29, 2015.

1. manodevi

manodevi Junior IL'ite

I used to sleep more than 8 hrs nowadays. But it affects my other works. Dont know hw to control it. Please help me in ths case.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Try going to bed early and waking up early. If I stay up late, I tend to need more sleep. if I'm in bed early I can wake up early with no issues. Also having a routine before bed and after waking up helps. Why don't you ensure your alarm is not right next to you to hit the snooze button. Have it away on a table so you have to wake up and get up to go turn it off. The getting out of bed is taken care and most times you will just stay up. I also found out that working out first thing in the morning is hard for me. So on days I have to go work out as soon as I wake up, I keep workout clothes et al ready the previous day. I also make sure I wake up and drink coffee and eat something before heading out. I never workout on an empty stomach making it a punishment for my body. I make sure to get back and treat myself for the early workout. Something small and preferably sweet so I look forward to it from the time I wake up!

hope his helps. I'm sure others will have better insights.

3 people like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Are you used to sleeping for more than 8 hours usually? You are lucky it's hard for many of us to stay asleep beyond 5-6 hours... You can try going to bed early and getting up early as @laks09 suggested and probably take a power nap during the day if possible. Sometimes when I get back from work, I just sit in the car and take a power nap for 5-10 minutes before I get back to my evening chores. It helps me. Some need at least 8 hours of sleep. So try to get your work done in the remaining time without worrying about sleeping more.

2 people like this.
  4. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

You can check your hemoglobin and sugar levels. If you are anaemic you tend to feel lethargic and drowsy and sleep more. If you have less sugar also you will feel drowsy and be unable to get up from the bed.
    You can drink lot of water and be hydrated to stay active.
    Eating lot of fresh vegetables and fruits can also help you feel energetic and less lethargic.
    If it is a habit, a few lifestyle modifications can help you. As laks mentioned, sleep early. Exercise regularly. You can't sleep for more than 8 hours if you have a healthy body. Just my 2 cents.
    I can never take a power nap. I can neither sleep anytime nor anywhere .. I can only sleep at the comfort of my bed under my blanket. Sometimes, I end up being tired after a day's work and sleep for more than 8 hours too. . :)

2 people like this.
  5. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Sometimes if you are mentally tired you feel like you want to sleep more. I think too much in a day about so many things whether its relevent to me or not and then I get tired end of the day. But I cant sleep late in the mornings becaus eI have to send kids to school and they wake up very early.

2 people like this.
  6. Laks09

I can sleep for 12-13 hrs straight! I can also nap during the day and still sleep all night long. All I need is any flat surface and I'm under in less than 10 mins!! I'm very healthy. All my levels are very normal. I've always been like this. Even when I didn't work out.
    Guess what I do when I'm over stressed? Guess what happens when I have an argument with someone? Guess what I do when im overwhelmed? I call it my rejuvenating sleep! I haven't been able to sleep all that much these days because of my schedule but I'm very good at taking some naps here and there during the weekend to catch up on my rejuvenating sleep lost over the week!

2 people like this.
  7. VanithaSudhir

Touch wood.. My DH is like that.. He doesn't even need a flat surface. If he wants to sleep .. He closes his eyes and in less than 5 mins.. I can hear him snoring
    I can't sleep if I am too happy or too sad :)-

1 person likes this.
  8. Laks09

My mom was like this too. After menopause hit she barely sleeps. She now needs sleep aids sometimes to sleep. I guess I have some more time but I'm sure I will be just like her when I grow older. I have seen her getting very little sleep whereas she used to nap every day from 2-4 while we were at school. Strange how those hormones help us!

1 person likes this.
  9. VanithaSudhir

I don't want to grow Old... :-(. I want all those hormones that keep my mood up, bones strong, nails long , skin moisturized and glowing.. !

2 people like this.
  10. manodevi

manodevi Junior IL'ite

Thanks all for ur suggestions