1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Need tips on meditation.

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by sneha1985, Nov 22, 2014.

1. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

Anyone doing meditation here? I am pretty much stressed out and depressed sometimes due to lots of things going around. I thought of starting with meditation to relax my mind. I tried a couple of times, but whenever I sit quite with eyes closed, the thoughts starts coming to my mind even more no matter how much ever I fight with it to throw them out of mind. Because of this I am not able to meditate longer.

An hour walk in a nice weather helps me to relax. But with this super cold weather here in US, it's difficult to go out and walk. I do go to gym and workout some days.

How to get the control over thoughts while meditating?

2. bharathivignesh

bharathivignesh Bronze IL'ite

Better to learn it from an authentic center / authentic master, in stead of trying to learn it on your own.

1 person likes this.
  3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  4. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Hi, so you want to do the meditation. Mind is a very powerful thing. Thoughts are
    very difficult to control . Determination is the only key to success . First you have to
    sit quietly like an hour or so. Thoughts will come. But it is your responsibility to control them. After practicing sitting quietly choose your favorite symbol. Try to imagine that symbol with closed eyes. Slowly you will be able to see that symbol
    with closed eyes. Always telling the truth is the first step to meditation.

5. Ishika009

Ishika009 Senior IL'ite

Initially you can take up a basic course in meditation. Once you learn the tact of meditation, you can make it a habit to do it at home. Meditation is a lot about having control over your mind and following the right breathing technique.

6. shivani29

shivani29 New IL'ite

Hi Sneha, Thoughts are bound to come in the initial phase, it's natural. But never ever fight with them, let the thoughts come, you just don't have to indulge your mind in thoughts. During meditation, If you think u need to divert your mind from these useless thoughts, do it very gently and slowly. Just consider there is a very tiny spot of divine light in your heart, keep ur focus on it.

Try to do meditation at the same time and same place, inner and outer cleaning will be helpful.

7. sveta86

sveta86 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sneha,

I will suggest simple technique of meditation which I am following, simply close your eyes and just concentrate on your breathe and listen to any soft music like flute,violin,sitar music while you are meditating.

In the initial phase thoughts will come , if thoughts are coming just get your concentration on music and feel your breathe. Just observe the simple and soft breathe.

Thanks,
    sveta

8. mukti45

mukti45 New IL'ite

hi sneha,
    I started with basic meditation which is very easy. Start with Breathing meditation which will train you for advanced meditation.