1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What makes you really attractive? - Health or Staying Slim/Thin

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by coolblues, Apr 9, 2013.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Editor's Note: Thanks coolblues for telling us which path to follow during a weight loss mission. Your contribution has been selected as Best of Forums and featured here. Go ahead and share it with others.

---------------

Waist.jpg

These are the days of looking beautiful and thin. Most women agree that they are overweight and would like to be thinner. Being thin is the trend word and there are so many models who "inspire" women to follow their suit. Image obsessed society is making beauty a much admired asset that most women get quite critical about their tummy, thighs and legs. This is also affecting young children who are taking to serious dieting from an young age of 10. Parents, media and the society have a significant hand in influencing children to prefer being thin over healthy.

The rush to get thin is quite unhelpful since the focus is away from the health but onto looks and unhealthy weight. This gives way to a prolonged notion that fat is bad and being thinner is better and thin is very good.

Similar to being overweight, being skinny poses several health risks such as a severe compromise on the immune system, menstrual irregularities, anemia, osteoporosis, hair loss, and low muscle mass.

The best way to stay healthy is to get thirty minutes of physical activity each day, with a healthy diet and refrain from overeating. If you feel that you are thin by not getting sufficient calories for the amount of physical activities that you do, due to restriction in the intake of food, it is time for you to re-evaluate your habits and incorporate a healthy lifestyle. Over a period, you will be glad that you made the right choice.

Which do you think is better - being skinny and looking fabulous or maintaining a healthy weight?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    7 people like this.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

You are soo right coolblues!!
    For me it will be maintaining healthy weight ...
    I have always tried to maintain a healthy weight.i have maintained a constant weight from my college days but just recently i saw a drastic weight loss.That shocked me and i visited few docs and realised that all the reports were normal.But it was my bad eating habbits in the recent past which caused the unexpected weight loss.So that was the root cause.:)
    Now i am working on it...eating as much as possible

3. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

Hi ,

nice topic.
    extremity of both [ too thin & obese ] is not healthy.
    + or - of 5 kgs over your ideal weight is the right thing.
    so better work towards that.
    more exposure to knowledge thru various mediums help us
    to attain our goal.

1 person likes this.
  4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

thin doesn't mean one is healthy.

Maintaining BMI doesn't mean one is healthy.

Health should be acquired through right eating , right living & right thinking habits.

3 people like this.
  5. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai,

What is healthy fit and fine. Keep your mind calm and cool donot make your brain to bark too much for nothing.
    Drink more water. do meditation. Your mind and body will be fit and fine and you feel you are in the HEAVEN

2 people like this.
  6. coolblues

Hi Dinny,

Wow, it is really nice to know that you have managed to have a constant weight for ages! That must need loads of determination and the right lifestyle, isn't it.. Guess, you have an "out" standing problem among the crowd of working to gain weight! All the best :)

Regards.

1 person likes this.
  7. coolblues

Rightly said, mimur ! A very apt avataar!

Regards.

8. ushajk75

ushajk75 New IL'ite

i have maintained my weight from my college days to till now...married 7 yrs bck and have yrs. kid....i dont do anything particularly to maintain weight....following the below compulsorily:

1. 15 minutes walk in morning without fail
    2. Drinking 1 -1.5 glass of water with spoon of honey and lemon drops first thing in the morning
    3. Doing lil bit of household activities...rather helping servant....
    4. Eating regular food prepared at home...
    5. Drinking 10-12 glass of water daily...

Simple things to follow....trying on my husband who is overweight...could see some changes....

Ladies do follow me.....It works....

1 person likes this.
  9. camrondell

camrondell New IL'ite

10. neetamenon

neetamenon Bronze IL'ite