1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Which health app are you using right now?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by coolblues, Apr 6, 2013.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Editor's Note: Thanks coolblues for this incredible list of women’s health applications that can be easily downloaded on the phone. Your contribution has been selected as Best of Forums and featured here. Don’t forget to tell your friends about it.

---------------

The increasing popularity of tablets and smartphones is pushing health industry to design and formulate various health applications that is revolutionizing ways to manage health in this digital age. Health applications have become more apparent and widespread. Easily accessible information, simple and friendly format makes learning an enjoyable and easy experience. Women's health has sparked much attention and interest and has led to the creation of loads of health app for women.

Everything from diet charts,trackers, exercises, and other resources are at people's finger tips. Here are some popular mobile apps for women. Do share which health app has been your favorite so far.

1. Lose It! for weight loss

Lose-It-iPhone-app.jpg

This is apt for anyone who wants to shed weight. It offers the calorie spread for the day and reminds you to record food intake and exercise. You can also track foods using the barcode scanner. You can even create your buddy group with friends via FB or Twitter.

2. What to Expect

what_to_expect.jpg

This pregnancy tracker includes exhaustive information about due date calculator, photos of the baby by week, growth and development with loads of interesting tips scattered throughout the app. This app comes from the popular pregnancy book "What to Expect when you are expecting".

3. Menstrual Calendar

mens_calendar.jpg

Keep your mind free without having to track your menstrual cycle. This app tracks your cycle , ovulation as well as symptoms with this digital tracking calendar. It generates weight chart and has customizable calendar interface.

4. WebMD Mobile

webmdmobile.jpg

If you are worried about a symptom or need some quick advice on a health ailment, check the answers on WebMD mobile which also offers guidance on drugs and supplements.

5. All-in Yoga

all_in_yoga.jpg

This app features about 300 poses, breathing exercises, sharing tools. You can create your own yoga workout plan or use the ready-made yoga programs that lets you enjoy yoga classes right at home.

So which health app are you using right now and share which one has been your favorite?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    8 people like this.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Good Info coolblues. I don;t find a link to the app. I will try to google for it.

3. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mimur,

Have not used external links due to forum restrictions. Yes, you can google the name of the app for more info ...

:)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  4. dashami

dashami Silver IL'ite

thanks for the information

5. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

6. JazzyJazz

JazzyJazz Silver IL'ite

I am using ''Water your body'' on my android phone. Found it very useful to track the amt of water I drink. I used to think I drink 2-3 Litres but only after using and tracking using this app I've got to know I drink jus 1.2 -1.5 litres alone. Water intake in turn keeps me away from having junk food. Also FertilityFriend.com to track my menstrual cycles. Caloriecount.com to keep track of what I eat and whether I consume all the essential things withing the calorific amt allowed per day but hv stopped using this after I started maintaining a food diary.

3 people like this.
  7. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

"RunKeeper" is a software available in Google Playstore, easily downloadable by any android phone. I am keeping a record of my daily exercises using it. It is in fact an excellent stuff.

While I am walking or cycling it tells me the speed once in 5 minutes also the distance covered.

8. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

very good piece of info !
    thanks for starting & sharing !

9. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Very useful,thanks for sharing ...

10. machan

machan Platinum IL'ite

very useful.Thanks for sharing