1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

You can get sick with Smartphone!!

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by coolblues, Oct 31, 2012.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Editor's Note: Thank you coolblues for sharing this interesting information on how a smartphone can sneakily spread germs. Your contribution has been selected as Best of Forums and featured here. You can share this with your friends and relatives.

---------------

393d4scrd.jpg

Do you realize that the smartphone that you love to carry everywhere is prone to make you sick? Since your smartphone follows you to all the places such as market, gym, hospital, office, your kitchen, restroom, etc., there are hundreds of bacteria breeding on the screen and the keyboard of the phone. Smartphones have quite an immense number of E.coli bacteria, which can cause serious infections.

Physicians warn that people have equal chances of getting sick using a phone as from touching the handles of a bathroom. The bacteria can easily cause diarrhea, cold or even flu. These germs are lurking in other electronic devices such as your laptop, computer desktop, key chain, and landline phones. However, since we are more dependent on smartphone than any other devices, there are more chances of catching an infection.

It is sad but true that most of the cell phone companies do not have clear methods to keep the smartphone clean. You can start cleaning it with a microfiber cloth, distilled water and rubbing alcohol (isopropyl). Do not use household cleaners as it can smudge or scratch the screen forever. Make sure you remove the smartphone from its case before thorough cleaning.

How often and how do you clean your smartphone?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    4 people like this.

2. vidyamenon

vidyamenon New IL'ite

if by chance i pass it to somebody ,i will rub my phone on my kurti,thats the way i clean it................

i like ur write ups....................

3. Sowndari

Sowndari New IL'ite

Whenever we change the battery or sim :(... that's when we remove the outer case.... generally whenever we feel it is dusty....

4. coolblues

@Sowndari : Yes, most of us overlook the fact that these devices can be equally dirty as our hands.. it is good to know that you clean in occasionally. Just a matter of getting regular will help to keep away most of the common ailments :)

5. coolblues

Same here, Vidya, since i guess that is one of the quick ways that can 'prevent' germs from coming to us :)

6. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Best is to develop some resistance in the body.. than fight it everywhere.

1 person likes this.
  7. IndhuRamesh

IndhuRamesh Platinum IL'ite

Good one as now a days everyone is using smartphones and its like another finger in your hand. I usually clean it whenevr I feel its dirty.. that is the dust which layers on the screen. But the bacteria and germs.. I have not yet thought of it that way. Have to regularly keep it safe hereafter..

8. coolblues

Good one, nemesis.. i completely agree with you.. ! There are no end to where and when we all can fall sick..

9. coolblues

Yes, Indhu, I have seen mothers using it to show apps to kids while feeding and it can easily grease or stain a smartphone. A child also puts the smartphone into the mouth thinking it to be a toy... God help the phone and the owners of such phones! :)

10. archana506

archana506 Gold IL'ite

Very useful info..thanks for sharing