1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to increase hemoglobin level..

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by gsaikripa, Mar 11, 2012.

1. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    My Maid's son is having hemoglobin level is 6...he is having fever&cold for frequently.He looks too tired.It shows hemoglobin level is too low.HE has to improve his hemoglobin.level..
    Pls suggest what are the vegetable &food to increase Hemoglobin Level..

2. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Eat foods rich in iron, like spinach and liver! Or if that turns your stomach, just take a multivitamin.
    also Lentils helps to increase the level...

Fenugreek tip: Cook one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds with your evening meal every night, preferably with a little rice, for 15 days to help increase hemoglobin levels.

1 person likes this.
  3. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai,

Palmgranate will improve hemoglobin level more. Pls advise him to take more apart from taking fenugreek seeds

2 people like this.
  4. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

pomegranate is rich in iron.

5. chinuM

chinuM Silver IL'ite

Hi Saikripa',

Seems like the Hemoglobin level is too low. The normal range should be 11-16. So the best option is to immediately start an iron supplement to increase the levels, and ofcouse as suggested by fellow Ilites the iron rich veggies and other food should be included in the diet. Also intake of Vitamin C rich food (citrus fruits) along with iron rich food will help ideal absorption of iron.

Hope this helps..

2 people like this.
  6. siri777

siri777 Bronze IL'ite

Dinking of beetroot juice n carrot juice will help more.

7. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

The hemoglobin level is too low.He should have iron tablets as per the advise of a doctor, for atleast 3 months. This is mainly to improve the level soon and maintain it. In the diet everyday some keerai (anything like murungai keerai, manathakkali, pasali, mulai keerai), jaggery, ragi, dates (perichampalam) should be added.

Ganthi

1 person likes this.
  8. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Thanks for all your advice...def..I will tell my maid to pass on this Message

9. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Hi dear.

Tell your maid to consult doctor and start taking Iron and Vitamin tablets as soon as possible. Once he is stable he can maintain the Hb level with iron rich diet.

---beet root and carrot juice taken on empty stomach before breakfast

---milk (calcium) inhibits the absorption of iron to some extent, so its better to reduce the quantity of milk and instead have ragi, egg as a source of calcium

---fruits like banana, guava, orange also helps in increasing Hb level

---you must be aware of burfi's made up of jaggery and groundnut; its also a good source of iron

---kids may not take green leaves like palak methi directly; instead mix them in chapati or dosa batter;

---tamrind leaves, pumpkin,nuts, beans,tomato,soyabean are also good iron source

First request your maid to consult doctor because low levels of Hb cannot be improved by diet alone in weeks time. The decreased Hb count will affect his health and he may become still more weak.

2 people like this.
  10. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    All Ilites have given very good suggestions.. Even I had low Hb during my pregnancy and Mom gave me banana mixed with curd daily morning as soon as i woke up. this has to be taken on an empty somach This sure helped to increse my Hb count. Also take beetroot, carrot and greens regularly. In order to absorb iron, body needs Vitamin C. Hence also take Vitamin C rich foods like Orange juice, nimboo juice etc or simple add a pinch of lemon to the dishes.