1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Comments and Feedback for Healthy Meal Thread

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by shivachoubey, Jul 6, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi Everyone,

As the healthy meal thread is growing its better to use this thread for comments, feed backs, doubts and questions. Feel free to request a recipe here. Lets make the healthy meal thread easy to access with just recipes there.

Here we can have a blast discussing healthy food, clearing doubts and of course requesting recipes.

Hope to see you guys here.

Lots of love

Shiva

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

I am already here.

Will keep posting.

3. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Iam game Shiva!Just came after my long walk and feel fresh after seeing this post:hiya

4. shivachoubey

Wow girls you rock. Thanks for making this thread active.

Love

5. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

nice idea!!!!
    just logged in to see some soup receipe to make

6. shivachoubey

Hey Smartgrl,

check out the lentil soup recipe on my blog.

regards

7. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,:hiya

I have tried a lot of recipes in the weight loss thread and they did come out really well.:cheers

Does anyone know where we get the wheat germ and brown rice in Chennai? :bowdown Wheat germ is the only ingredient missing in my multigrain roti.
    I bought the Kerala fat rice:crazy thinking that is the brown rice mentioned in the threads. Then I did get a doubt because of the rice size I got and the ones posted in the pictures were really different.:bonk

Thanks Shiva for clearing the doubts but I did search in few supermarkets here but in vain.:drowning

This is the first time in my life I have thought about weight loss:bonk:bonkeven though I look a little fat and have a big tummy:rant. This time I am determined that I should make a difference :thumbsup.

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Shiva

Healthy Meal Thread is just too good. I am glad you referred me to that thread on your blog and thank you for that! It is a brilliant idea to have recipies on one thread and comments and feedbacks on the other. I did end up making capsicum/tomato/paneer and matar subji yesterday with roti. Loved it. I have never been a fan of paneer but off late I kinda love its texture and taste. Only thing is that I get the paneer slab from the Indian store and they are not low fat ones. Need to look out for those. If anybody is keen on non-vegetarian, then I think adding lean mince meat to this recipie will be a good option. Maybe just remove the paneer and use the mince meat with the rest of the vegies. Just a thought.

Lalitha and Aswini, both of your recipies are too good. Ragi recipies are very inviting. That will be my next venture. I am not sure who else have posted recipies there, so apologies if I have not addressed you all. Ladies, you rock and thank you for sharing healthy recipies.

9. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

Hey Shiva,

Nice idea of making a new thread.Lentil Soup is gr8888888888:thumbsup

Lalitha,
    Thanks for your sprouts sambar.Am goinf to try it and will update if it went well.But can i use our homemade sambar posder for the paste that u have mentioned?

Sansam,
    Gud ragi dosa recipe.

Am loaded with so many recipes now that i have confusion which one to make.

HAppy weightloss day!!!!:cheers

10. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Can you tell me how to make Oats Dosa or any other delicacies with Oats Computer TypingComputer Typing

Cheers,
    Brahan