1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The goodness of water

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by 4mangopeople, Feb 14, 2010.

1. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Hello to all

Water, the world's most perfect beverage, which has no calories, no fat and no sugar.

Water does not need processing by the digestive system.

Water is gentle and helpful to most of our body's functions.

Water is needed for hundereds of systems and processes in the body.

Water controls the body temperature in any given conditions.

Water helps the joints cushioned and working properly. Dehydrated joints mean sore knees, painful fingers, and backaches.

Drinking more water relieves pain and swelling of the joints.

Make number one priority to have more water if you have digestive problems like indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome or heartburn.

You will escape from some painful conditions like urinary tract infections, gallstones, and kidney stones by consuming sufficient water.

Water dissolves the calcium in the urine that can turn into kidney stones.

Since brain is 75% water, slight dehydration causes headache and dizziness.

In old age we loose some of our feelings of thirst , might not notice that the body needs water. With age kidneys also become old , and are not as efficient at keeping water in the body. Keep remembering yourself to have water in regular intervals, don't wait till you feel thirsty.

Having more water is good for women going through menopause.

Especially in summer it is recommended to have a glass of water every one hour.

Drinking water is an easy and important way to curb the appetite. Drink water about an hour before your every meal, so that you'll feel more full and eat more slowly and less.

Drink more water to keep the skin soft and supple and free of wrinkles. Water works wonders for teenagers and elder women.

Weight watchers have a glass of warm water with lime and honey.

Fatigue is the first signal the body gives, asking for more water.

Try to have minimum of two glasses of water on empty stomach.

The bottom line is go for water if you are a weight watcher and health freak.

Admin Note: Here are relevant threads on drinking water

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/107348-how-do-i-get-myself.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/h...173-importance-of-drinking-plain-water-5.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-food-and-living/197372-five-ways-make-water-more.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013

2. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

nicely said mango.

with all these super qualities of water, you should finish it saying we all should not waste water.

ganges

3. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Hi ganges

That reminds me of my duty as a responsible citizen to also share some tips on to converse water for our future generations. Thanks for reminding me.

please follow my thread ( 100 ways to conserve water).