1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Natural Tea for Health - share your natural tea Recipe

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by mimur9, Apr 28, 2013.

1. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Natural health teas are the pure teas which are brewed using tea leaves, under right temperature without milk or sugar.

Even the normal tea leaf when brewed in hot water and drank plain or with honey has its own health benefits.

Opt for tea leaves instead of tea bags to get quality taste.

Please come and share your Natural health tea recipes here. If you share it with photos it will encourage people to try it out. SO please do share your recipe with a photo.

Tea recipes shared here :-

Ginger Honey Lemon Tea
    Tulsi tea (store bought leaf)

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Ginger Tea

[JUSTIFY]

Ginger is used in therapies to control nausea, vomitting. It also helps in sweating thus assists detoxification process in the body

When you use ginger for any purpose, remove its peel. never use it with 'skin on' as the skin will nullify the good properties of ginger.

It has antiinflammtory properties.

Avoid ginger or use in lesser amounts when you suffer from acidity.

It helps relieve gas and control gas formation.

A nice spice to add flavour to any dish. Use it to add some flavour in your healthy life too......... :thumbsup

Ginger tea.JPG

You will need :- (for two servings)

1. Ginger - 1" piece
    2. Water - 2 cups
    Procedure :-

• wash, peel the ginger.

• Grate the ginger and put it into a tea pot or a vessel or a thermoflask

• Boil 2 cups water. Switch off and leave it for two minutes for the temperature to come down. Pour this water into the pot / vessel / flask and cover it with lid and allow it to steep for 4 minutes.

• Using a sieve filter the steeped tea into the glass. mix well.

• Enjoy your cup of healthy Ginger tea!

Notes :

To avoid getting bored of drinking natural tea, mix in few drops of honey or squeeze in few drops of lime.

[/JUSTIFY]

3 people like this.
  3. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mimur,

Your ginger tea looks so yummy :) I love drinking tea, i used to make normal tea dust available at stores along with that i used to put elachi/crushed ginger when milk is boiling. I am bad in preparing tea without milk, so let me learn from you and others posts :)

1 person likes this.
  4. rajmyt

rajmyt Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mimur,
    your ginger tea tempts me to have it.

2 people like this.
  5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Tulsi Tea (organic India)

[JUSTIFY]I prefer home made fresh teas. As I run short of tulsi leaves, bought a pack of organic india's tulsi leaves this time. It is a mix of three kinds of Indian basil viz., Ram tulsi, Krishna tulsi and Vana thulsi. Infuses unique indian basil flavour........

Steeping method is same as the ginger tea. I prefered only two pinches of tea leaves as the flavour is strong.

Mixed in few drops of honey and it tasted heavenly!.....

Tulsi tea - organic india.JPG

If you are using any brand tea leaves do mention about it for others to try it out.

[/JUSTIFY]

6. abhikumar

abhikumar New IL'ite

Hi Mimur, Your ginger tea is a nice idea for health fitness. But i request pls more tips suggest for health fitness. Thanks for nice sharing.

1 person likes this.
  7. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Hi mimur,

Today i had green tea, as it is in leave form i just put a tsp and that itself was so strong in flavour. I had a pack which i got from ooty tea factory. Mixed honey instead of sugar. The brand name is HOMEWOOD TEA (from the tea factory and the tea museum). You can also order through online the website is Welcome To HOMEWOOD

1 person likes this.
  8. vandanasrinivas

vandanasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Ginger makes wonder...i have my personal exp..with ginger tea..ofcourse i mixed with milk..but tht flavour is very nice..believe me my enemy(migrane) visits me now a days very lesssss....

actually looking out of weightloss tea recipe or tea brand...is anybody having idea in it???

Thanqq

2 people like this.
  9. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the inputs abhikumar. We are trying to do that, hence started the thread asking for participation. Hope more ILites wll come up with their healthy tea recipes quoting health benefits.

1 person likes this.
  10. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for participating bhucat and Vandana srinivas

Weightloss tea i never wanted to buy from stores. I am comfortable with honey + ginger + lemon + warm water (you can call this home made weightloss tea) which also boosts immunity without any harmful side effects. Hence i could not suggest ay weightloss tea. Let us wait and see what others' suggestions are.

1 person likes this.