1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to Make Sensible New Year Resolutions and Keep Them

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by coolblues, Dec 26, 2012.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

173.jpg

Each New Year presents a great opportunity for all of us to change for better. We make resolutions and want to stick to them for the following twelve months. Some people are great goal achievers. However, for most of us a resolution sticks with us for not more than a week or month. A sense of guilt looms large and we are back to where we started. If this has been happening for more than a year, it is time to check if the goals are realistic. Here are five ways to help you stay put to your resolution this year !

Choose for yourself: It is important that you make a resolution because it is important for YOU. Choosing a resolution just because someone wants you to change will be devoid of strength and belief. Resolutions need the “I” factor for it to work. It becomes weak if you work for someone else’s views. Make a resolution that you WANT and you will be surprised at the passion towards the goal.

Be specific: Making general resolution statements are bound to fly easily in the air. Resolutions are more than just ‘wishes’. If you want a change, then be specific. One of the basic goal-achieving techniques is to write and feel the change that you want. You take a thought to the next level of being real by writing it down on paper. Additionally, have clarity on how you want to achieve the goal. Have room for flexibility so that you can revise the goals if they do not yield the results that you expect.

Focus on Why: Persisting on a resolution becomes difficult if you do not know WHY you want to achieve the goal. Focusing on why instead of what will give you a true picture before you can commit on a resolution.

Use Good Tools: Use powerful tools such as calendar, reminder system, organizer, sticky notes, motivational tapes, books, posters that will keep you on track. Looking at a goal often helps the subconscious mind to be alert and stay focused on the goal.
    Break it down: It pays to break down your big goals into smaller achievable milestones. Smaller goals cause less anxiety and will boost confidence once you start achieving them.

Use support: It is great that you have good willpower to achieve goals, but check if you need support that will help you to get there quickly. Little help from family, friends and seeking out help during the journey will make it truly unforgettable experience.

Are you going to make a New Year resolution for 2013? Have you been able to achieve most of your resolutions? Do share your success tips.

1 person likes this.

2. BaminiV

BaminiV Senior IL'ite

Effective Inspirational Targets listed, dono how many would get tracked as per the pic....

3. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

hi, thanks coolblues, may be this year, i will honestly make some new year resolutions and stick with them with the tools u gave me

1 person likes this.
  4. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Eat Healthy
    Talk Healthy
    Be Healthy

I would Prefer These 3

5. veena230

veena230 New IL'ite

its easy to make resolution but many a times its difficult to make up for the same its good we make and take decisions as its comes happy and healthy new year year to all my friends.

6. cutesangeeta

cutesangeeta New IL'ite

hi,
    As far as i am concerned ....taking care of my only wealth which is my health would be the top priority for sure...as we take it for granted most of the time.