1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How I Got Healthy in 2012 - Photo Contest

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by coolblues, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Dear Folks,

As we draw closer to 2012, it is time to look back and ponder how healthy you and your family has been this year. Pretty sure, all of you have done something to be more healthy this 2012. So, it is time to brag about your good health !

Send us a picture of how you stayed healthy this year. It can be either your picture or any picture of eating, exercising or doing anything that you feel is healthy. Along with the picture do also write how it helped you to get healthy this year!

This contest starts from the 6th to the 21st of December 2012. The best photo entry will be chosen by our panel of judges at Indusladies to pick up a winner who will get a special gift from Craftsia - White and Blue Crystals jewellery!

contest-winner-prize.jpg

Hurry up and send in those healthy photo-entries!!. You can post your pictures in the same thread.

All the Best !!

4 people like this.

2. MrsPrasadh

MrsPrasadh Junior IL'ite

Re: How I got healthy in 2012 - Photo contest for December

Hello friends,

The more and more we do research to find out the best and easy way to be healthy and the first key factor to become healthier is proven to take good diet. I have adopted that to be more healthy. I am attaching one of my morning diet snap.

Regads,
    Anitha Thiyagarajan

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  3. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Hi coolblues.. you have started a cool contest in cool climate.. Thanks yaar. Thanks for inviting me here.

Here you go with my entry for this contest.

I drank lots of water which made my face very clear.I was happy for it.

Drinking water.jpg

Fruits became very essential in my food habits which helped me to increase immunity power.
    Fruits.jpg

Last but not least.. My dad stopped smoking this year only. I felt this is not only good for him but also for us, as we were passive smokers all these days along with him.

smoking.jpg

4 people like this.
  4. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot coolblues for starting this thread....

Its time to Get to know...what effort we kept the whole year to make us healthy...

First step i took to reduce fried oil intake.....i absolutely using 1 tb spoon for each meal..

Edible-Oil.jpg

Second best step which i included in our family diet is taking lots of fresh vegetables...

vegetables.jpg

The Thrid step which i make it a routine in our daily life is doing exercise....This really helps my skin to glow more as before and making me fit day-by-day..

exercise-strength.jpg

Sravani

9 people like this.
  5. coolblues

Thanks Deepu and Sravanitenali.. !!

Other Ilites, keep it coming!

Cheers!

6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]Interestng coolblues. Thanks for pulling me in

Photo source : my personal photo collage albums and google search

These are the things which is keeping me healthy :)

Prevention is better than cure.
    I take sufficient precautions for myself and my family to prevent falling sick.

[​IMG]:rotfl

So I include herbs that suit that season in our food along with recommended precautions for the season by our ancestors.

[​IMG]

Eating healthy :- the best way is to eat freshly cooked, parboiled (to retain nutrients), only required oil, avoiding outside food. I prepare soup daily by parboiling veggies so that even children and old family members can have healthy intake.

[​IMG]

Walking :- whether you do other exercises or not, walking is a must to keep oneself active and healthy. Brisk walking for 30 minutes burns lot calories.... I enjoy my walk specially in the community garden seeing the colourful seasonal flowers planted...with the landscapes... I walk clockwise, sometimes anticlockwise so that i can enjoy a different angle of ambience [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good food lifts up the spirit : to encourage myself for the healthy lifestyle we follow and to increase immunity power once in a while indulgence into junk food is necessary. So prepare it at home or sometimes go to khao galis or join a feast.

[​IMG]

Hobbies :- I love my Hobbies. Idle mind is devil's workshop. Hobbies help not only pass quality time but has lot of other benefits viz, increase concentration power, develops creativity, reduce stress, etc.

[​IMG]

Continued in my next post :- (as i can only post limited number of images per post)

[/JUSTIFY]

13 people like this.
  7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Spirituality & enjoying the scenary around me :-

[​IMG]

last but not the least :- chatting with my near & dear ones, [​IMG] [​IMG] here among you in a wonderful place called IL Health Forum which not only make me participate but also gives more input to my effort towards an healthy life.

[​IMG]

Health & Wellness

[​IMG]

Wish you all a happy and healthy life :thumbsup

9 people like this.
  8. coolblues

Good one, mimur9! Thanks for your great photographic inputs! Excellent collection!

Regards.

9. Rupamitu

Rupamitu Silver IL'ite

Wow Coolblues!!! First of all thanks for this interesting contest...
    2012 is a significant year in my life since I gave birth to my Dear Daughter.
    I have been little health conscious always, but very much in to "Conscious Living" right from 2011, once me & my hubby decided for a baby. Now have a healthy baby born by natural labour :)

1. Going to Gym regularly. This helped me boost my stamina. Cycling and threadmill were my daily routine Treadmill Workout Benefits(1).jpg

2. Went to Inner Engineering program and learnt Basic meditation and Yoga inner engineering web_0.jpg
    Practising yoga regularly. This helped me avoid bach aches during my pregnancy. Helps me to be stressfree, fit and fresh :)

3. Healthy eating - Fruits, vegetables, nuts,
    6285970.jpg ,
    kept me healthy pre delivery and keeping me healthy post delivery :)

4. Giving importance to
    sml_worklife_homepage.jpg
    Gave a 7 month break after pregnancy and now working from home for next 2 months and then gonna resume work from office. making sure I spend enough time with the little one and give myself enough time for recovery :)

5. Supportive husband and a happy family
    ist2_6289320-happy-family-of-three-at-home.jpg

6. Slowly started my exercise routine after a little break (No time to go to Gym but bought an Elliptical and working out at home) and practising yoga whenever I get time

All these keep my mind and body strong :thumbsup

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    7 people like this.
  10. Rupamitu

Rupamitu Silver IL'ite

To put in a nutshell,
    positive.jpg

Wish you all a happy and healthy living :2thumbsup:

12 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.