1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Are You Catching Up On Your Sleep On The Weekend?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by coolblues, Nov 7, 2012.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

s9wr80wdklvj49.jpg

If one of your favorite plans is to have a lazy, sleepy weekend to catch up on your lost sleep, you are in for a surprise. Researchers reveal that sleeping for extra hours, to make good of the lost hours is not a good idea since the biological clock of the body is disturbed and can cause fatigue the following day. This could be the answer as to why few people have Monday morning blues.

People experience lack of focus and attention despite having extra hours to sleep. The body requires eight hours of snooze without which it fails to recuperate and heal for all the abuse it takes during the day. Continuous lack of sleep during the week days builds up sleep pressure and may lead to mental impairment. This includes reacting slowly, less alertness and sharpness in performing a task.

Researchers note that a person will not be able to let the body recover in one night because the body is designed to be awake during the daylight hours. This highlights the importance of avoiding extended sleep on the weekend following few days of sleep deficit. Ensure you get a normal snooze time for eight hours every day to let your body work in rhythm with the biological clock.

Do you sleep longer on the weekends? What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
    4 people like this.

2. Sindhurak

Sindhurak Platinum IL'ite

Hi Coolblues, NIce information..
    I use to sleep like this previously and I realized the lazy ness effect on monday, now also I will do but only on Satday.. On sunday I will make my self to wake up some early (max 1 hr difference for my regular wake up time) by sleeping early on satday nyt.. So that I dont feel lazy on monday morning..

3. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Good efforts, sindhura :)

4. IndhuRamesh

IndhuRamesh Platinum IL'ite

hmm. I too laze of during the weekends.. not by sleeping during days though but by lazing around and watching TV.. I sleep extra time during mornings.. I have to reduce it I hope..

5. Mithiamma

Mithiamma New IL'ite

I sleep 1 hr extra on the mornings during weekends... and get good amount of 8 hr sleep during weekdays too...iam a working mom :)

6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

I would love to but I am unable to have this rejuvenating experience during weekends.

7. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

I love to sleep early and get up late on weekends and the good part is I do not feel the monday morning blues. Just the 2 hours of extra sleep will not do any harm. JMO.

8. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

If I dont catch up on sleep during weekends, I just dont consider it as a weekend at all! Im a lazy weekend type of a person rather than Partying weekend types.. Wake up late, watch TV, nap in the afternoon...Life seems like a bliss only if the weekend is like this ! :)

1 person likes this.
  9. shalin

shalin New IL'ite

Agreed!! I need a lazy weekend!! couldnt get one after marriage :)